Help!! Will Carnival accept NYC's new long-form B.C. for a minor?

mia10010

I just booked a last minute cruise which leaves in two weeks and need some help.

I know that on a closed loop cruise you can use an original or certified copy of a birth cert. for a minor. I know that you cannot use a HOSPITAL issued birth cert. My question is this....

When my son was born in 2000 in NYC, I never got a birth cert. from the hospital, the only one that I got was mailed to me from the city. This holds true for all of my friends who also gave birth in NYC.

It is a pink long form birth certificate which lists all details of the birth, including both parent's names, as well as the Doctor's name etc.

The top of the certificate says

City of NY...Dept. of Health...Vital Records,

it has an embossed seal from Dept. of Health, and signed by the Mayor, Commisioner of Health and City Registrar. All this makes it seem to be acceptable except that on the right hand corner it has info from the HOSPITAL where someone from the hospital signed to certify that the child was born alive at correct time and date. etc. Does that mean that this is the hospital issued birth certificate that people say you can't use???

This is the only birth certificate that was received.

Has anyone from NYC had a problem with Carnival accepting this?

I just booked a last minute cruise which leaves in two weeks and need some help.

I know that on a closed loop cruise you can use an original or certified copy of a birth cert. for a minor. I know that you cannot use a HOSPITAL issued birth cert. My question is this....

When my son was born in 2000 in NYC, I never got a birth cert. from the hospital, the only one that I got was mailed to me from the city. This holds true for all of my friends who also gave birth in NYC.

It is a pink long form birth certificate which lists all details of the birth, including both parent's names, as well as the Doctor's name etc.

it has an embossed seal from Dept. of Health, and signed by the Mayor, Commisioner of Health and City Registrar. All this makes it seem to be acceptable except that on the right hand corner it has info from the HOSPITAL where someone from the hospital signed to certify that the child was born alive at correct time and date. etc. Does that mean that this is the hospital issued birth certificate that people say you can't use???

Why aren't you posing this question to the City of New York, Dept of Health? That's where your best answer lies. It took me less than 15 seconds to google their web site: http://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/.

I'd put my money on the answer they give over what's obtainable on a general forum.

Edit: On re-read seems to be a little harsh sounding...not meant to be

Why aren't you posing this question to the City of New York, Dept of Health? That's where your best answer lies. It took me less than 15 seconds to google their web site: http://www.health.ny.gov/vital_records/.

I'd put my money on the answer they give over what's obtainable on a general forum.

Edit: On re-read seems to be a little harsh sounding...not meant to be

I did read all the info on that site, and I have been calling and calling for days, and I get the automated info, then transfer to get person, and then no one picks up....

I always assumed that this was an original birth certificate, but then I've read posts here where it says you can't use a hospital issued one. Since the hospital has signed and confirmed the ino on this long form, I am confused as to whether or not it can be used.

I just want to know if anyone from NYC has used this new birth certificate and had a problem with CCL accepting it.

I used that pink long-form birth certificate to get my daughter her passport and it was accepted no questions asked. So I would guess but I am not sure that if the US government accepts it as proof that Carnival would too. Hopefully someone here can actually comment that they have used one for a cruise.

The key thing about birth certificates is that the issuing authority has to be the city, county, or state government where the individual was born.

Since the birth certificate says "City of New York" you're fine.

The key thing about birth certificates is that the issuing authority has to be the city, county, or state government where the individual was born.

Since the birth certificate says "City of New York" you're fine.

Yep, issued by a government authority.

Archived