Promenade Cabin

Can anyone tell me about the Promenade cabins on the NOS? I have been in interior, oceanview and balcony cabins. While most love the balconies, I didn't really spend too much time on mine as DH and I are only in our rooms to shower and sleep. I by all means wanted a balcony on my last cruise and most of the time had breakfast and coffee sitting in my bed. Then I would decide to go on the balcony since I had it, but didn't stay but 5 minutes or so. Ordered a cheese plate and glass of chardonnay one night and did stay on balcony for maybe 1/2 hour. Now I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to a balcony, just to have it. Will I feel closed up in the Promenade cabin like a plain interior cabin? Decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

I usually book a balcony when I cruise with my husband. However, I went on a "girl friends cruise" last winter and wanted to save money. Stayed in my first Promenade cabin (midship deck 8 on NOS) and did not mind it at all. Did not feel closed in. My adult children have stayed in both interior and promenade cabins and prefer the promenade cabins much more. Hope this helps.

There are drawers under the TV stand.... mind your finger on the top drawer. There are shelves hidden round the sides of the room mirror. The clothes cupboard has a basket of 4 shelves I think and a rail with hangers with a long shelf over. There are a few open shelves. I don't have a pic of the bathroom but check out this site : http://www.voyager-class.com/ there may be something there.

We've booked a promenade cabin on the LOS for September after have balconies the past 3 cruises. I hear the promenade cabins are great for viewing the parade. Just saying....

As far as I'm concerned, any cabin on any ship beats an all inclusive resort anywhere.

Enjoy your cruise.

I believe this will be my last question. I notice in front of the bed there is not much space to walk through or does it just appear that way? Don't want to have a problem walking in front of the bed :rolleyes: or having to climbi over it.

I would say it is definately worth trying. It's a whole different experience. I spend my life waiting for my wife to get ready so if we have a balcony I just sit out and stare at the water. When we had a prom view I just sat and people watched - more interesting than looking at waves I suppose.

As said, great for parades if you don't want the crowds and make sure you do close your curtains when changing - I saw a few sights on the opposite cabins :rolleyes:

We had one thinking it could be fun but In OHO, not for us. We would prefer a low port hole cabin or pricy balcony. We just like the natural light better. We are not cabin setters, so the cabin basically is just to sleep etc.

If you try one, be sure to close the blinds before *** .

What do you mean about the top drawer and your finger :confused:? I know I am asking a lot of questions. Sorry.

Maybe it's just me but I found the top drawer awkward to pull out.... there's no handle just a shape cut out of the top edge of the drawer. I'd bang my knuckles.... not big deal :)

We liked the promenade cabin on the Explorer for the most part.

It was very noisy some nights-we were as high up and as far to the end as possible (as far from the action as you can get). I heard the noise with ear plugs in. This was when they had people on the microphone, and also when music was playing. It wasn't every night, but one night lasted until 1 am.

The noise was not coming from the hall, as the hall was quiet and was very obvious when we got in the room.

Liked people watching from the window.

As an FYI... No matter what time I woke up it always seemed like dawn. The curtains do not close all way, and the little bit of light coming through had me thinking it was early morning every time I woke up! Easily fixed with a clothespin or clip.

We had a connecting room. Avoid these. You can hear people talking normally, the tv (which is next to the door), and most other normal noises. I heard the woman open her pill bottles every morning. It's like they are right in your room!

It does have its pluses. Felt bigger and nice to look out the window.

Hi,

We're looking at a Voyager cruise out of Sydney in Feb 2013.

What is the max capacity of the PR staterooms? I'm trying to book for 2A/2C, but the PR category doesn't seem to be there (or they've sold out, which I think is unlikely).

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

An oceanview, (no balcony) cabin might be a good compromise. I believe they are larger than the promenade rooms, and they are less expensive than a balcony.

My promenade cabin is just about the same price as an oceanview. Don't want the oceanview. Would rather upgrade to balcony or keep the promenade as it is a different cabin for me to try. If I am going to look at the water, I just as soon have the balcony. I know the oceanview is bigger, but we only shower and shave. We don't hang in our rooms, but I would like to see the parade or people watch while DH is showering. :) I was a little concerned about the size of the room, but I am sure it will be fine.

The walking space in front of the bed is rather tight. The storage space is tight for two people when compared with a balcony cabin. I found the bathroom the same as a balcony bathroom. Lighting in bathroom is adequate.

The walking space in front of the bed is rather tight. The storage space is tight for two people when compared with a balcony cabin. I found the bathroom the same as a balcony bathroom. Lighting in bathroom is adequate.

These were exactly my impressions too. That said, I'd book a PR cabin again.

Hi,

We're looking at a Voyager cruise out of Sydney in Feb 2013.

What is the max capacity of the PR staterooms? I'm trying to book for 2A/2C, but the PR category doesn't seem to be there (or they've sold out, which I think is unlikely).

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

There are no pullman beds in any of the PR staterooms on Voyager. The maximum capacity is 2 in all PR staterooms. That's why it doesn't show as an available category when you say you have 4 people. If you wanted to try the PR staterooms, you would have to book 2 cabins. There are many connecting staterooms in that category.

Archived