Do I have this right? (buss/ferry info)

foreverinmyheart

After all of your thoghtful responses, I have narrowed down my day to - Bamz, Gibbs Lighthouse and then HSB. Do I have the bus routes and directions correct?

Take 10:00 am Ferry to Hamilton. When leaving Ferry Terminal (walking), turn right on Front St and walk one block/ Turn Left on Burnaby St and walk up hill 2 blocks to bus station which is located on Church Street. Board the #10 or #11 Outbound Bus (blue pole). Greet the driver and tell him you wish to get off at the Aquarium/Zoo. (20 min ride)

Aquarium Admission - $10.00 adults $5.00 child

When leaving Bamz- Take the #10 or 11 inbound bus (pink pole) from BAMZ back to the Hamilton bus station, then take the #7 outbound bus (blue pole) to the lighthouse.

Gibbs Hill Lighthouse – Get off at Henry VIII Restaurant and walk up the hill that goes behind the restaurant on the left side. Follow the signs directing you to the lighthouse. Admission - $2.50 per person (children under 5 are free) There is a restaurant at the bottom of the lighthouse.

After leaving the lighthouse, get on a # 7 bus going to Hamilton (inbound – Pink Pole)

Get off the bus at Horseshoe Bay- Baby Beach is also known as Port Royal Cove and it is to the West of the Main Beach.

After leaving the beach, take the blue jitney ($2 per person, kids under 10 are free) up the hill and wait for a #7 express bus back to Dockyard.

Is this correct? (my head is spinning just reading it-lol)

A couple of comments:

Don't walk up Burnaby Hill to get to the bus station...walk up Queen St. which is right across Front St. from the entrance to the ferry terminal.

There are no blue or pink poles at the Hamilton bus station. Any bus you get there will be by definition outbound.

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think they run express buses to go from Horseshoe Bay back to Dockyard...they only run from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. ( I may be wrong...someone please correct me if I am)

I haven't checked your quotes on the various admission prices.

IMO, this is a lot to do particularly if you have children in tow. In particular, going in the heat of mid day to the lighthouse is going to be really tiring. Just getting to the lighthouse grounds from the bus stop is a trek.

With this much on your plate you might want to start out earlier than you're planning...I don't think you've built in enough time considering you're going to have to wait for buses.

There are shuttles going from dockyard to Horse shoe bay. There is confusion because there will be local buses leaving while the shuttle is filling up. Be patient. When you get to horse shoe bay it can be difficult to get back so don't go on your last day on shore. Once the local buses get overloaded they "may" call some shuttles from hsb to dockyard. What happens is people coming from hamilton miss the ferry and overload the buses along the way and the local buses can't stop, too full. I saw people flagging down taxi's so they would not miss their cruise ship leaving. If you try to walk to another bus stop, you will never get picked up because at least they can run shuttles from hsb to the dockyard and those shuttles are not going to stop at local stops. Very frustrating.

Yeah you got it - however - as someone who is heading back to Bermuda with my kids for the 3rd time since last May - you need to account for the TIRED factor. We did BAMZ one day and horseshoe the next. I can't imagine throwing the lighthouse in between and doing it all in one day. ;)

It's not like BAMZ took a lot out of our day - but to squeeze it in with the others - yeah it wasn't going to happen. And the bus - it is a lesson in PATIENCE. You will be squeezed in tight.

Archived