Taxi Tips

There are so many threads on tipping but this is just a question I don't know the answer to.

Is it expected to tip a cab driver while you are in port. No luggage or special requirements. Just for transportation to your destination, beach whatever.

How much is considered normal?

We normally just pay the rate if we are placed in a taxi with multiple parties. If we have grabbed a private taxi and he quotes me the fare of say $8 I will likely give him ten. Maybe a couple bucks tip in most cases.

Taxis are another one of those things many places add the tip into the price. Here in Portland it was done automatically anyway. Some of the searches I've done on prices are the same way for other locations.

Thank, everyone. We haven't used a cab since Jan 2008. We were going from the hotel to the port and because the driver helped us with our luggage we did tip. This next cruise we will be taking a cab from port to an excursion and just wanted to know protocol.

Archived