Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Lexcruiser

We are arriving at the POM after a transatlantic cruise and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. Many have recommended SAS for transportation, but because we did not originate in Miami they can't provide service. Any other recommendations for a shuttle / private car service? Thanks.

Quality Limo Service (QLS), Go Airport Shuttle, and Larry's Limos are often suggested on these boards for Miami to FLL service. A taxi will make the 40 or so minute trip for about $85. Good luck! :)

We are arriving at the POM after a transatlantic cruise and flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. Many have recommended SAS for transportation, but because we did not originate in Miami they can't provide service. Any other recommendations for a shuttle / private car service? Thanks.

Your shuttle ride is from POM to FLL; it originates at POM. I see your cruise is a TA that originates from Europe. This is the first I've ever heard of anything like this.

Your shuttle ride is from POM to FLL; it originates at POM. I see your cruise is a TA that originates from Europe. This is the first I've ever heard of anything like this.

SAS is not allowed to pick up in Dade County. Only drop off. POM is in Dade County. SAS is only allowed to pick up in Broward County, where Ft Lauderdale is.

Many have recommended SAS for transportation, but because we did not originate in Miami they can't provide service.

That is incorrect. They offer trips from POM to FLL. What they legally can not do is a trip from a Miami Destination to a Miami Destination. All trips either must start or end in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale).

SAS chooses not to do business at Miami Airport.

TA cruises from Europe to the United States are usually repositioning cruises. It means the ship he/she is on likely travels Europe for part of the year and then travels the Caribbean for the rest of the year. They are pretty good deals if you don't mind 6-7 days at sea without a port of call.

That is incorrect. They offer trips from POM to FLL. What they legally can not do is a trip from a Miami Destination to a Miami Destination. All trips either must start or end in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale).

SAS chooses not to do business at Miami Airport.

TA cruises from Europe to the United States are usually repositioning cruises. It means the ship he/she is on likely travels Europe for part of the year and then travels the Caribbean for the rest of the year. They are pretty good deals if you don't mind 6-7 days at sea without a port of call.

The SAS website states "Pickups from the Port of Miami are for returning passengers only." I interpret that to mean that unless your cruise originated and is returning to Miami, SAS does not have authority to provide transportation from the Port. Our cruise does not originate in Miami, thus we are not "returning" there.

The SAS website states "Pickups from the Port of Miami are for returning passengers only." I interpret that to mean that unless your cruise originated and is returning to Miami, SAS does not have authority to provide transportation from the Port. Our cruise does not originate in Miami, thus we are not "returning" there.

The don't care where your cruise is from. They mean returning to Fort Lauderdale. They can pick you up at the Port of Miami. But you must return to a Fort Lauderdale location.

They can't pick you up from Port of Miami and take you to a Miami Hotel.

Pickups from the Port of Miami are for returning passengers only."

Interesting interpretations. :) I take it to mean it as a round trip - originated in FLL going to POM and then from POM back to FLL.

Has OP asked SAS and that is what they were told - no pick up for you! :p

When you book each way (FLL-POM and POM-FLL) with SAS you book each leg as a seperate booking so essentially all of us are one way travelers just like the OP.

It appears that SAS would accept the booking for the POM to FLL trip however, confirming with SAS would be best.

They seem pretty responsive to requests.

I have scheduled SAS transportation for my upcoming cruise in November. We are flying into Miami, but home from FLL. So, we arranged pickup at POM to take us to FLL for our return flight. I submitted my one way transportation online, and got a response within 30 minutes of a confirmation.

Again with SAS they can:

Take you from FLL/Port Everglades to POM

Take you from POM to FLL/Port Everglades

Take you from FLL to ANY Destination in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale)

Take you from FLL/Port Everglades to Hotels in Miami

Take you from Hotels in Miami to FLL/Port Everglades

SAS will NOT go to:

MIA

Hotels in Miami to POM or vice versa

All this is too much for me to remember, if it were me, I would just show up at the airport and pick whatever shuttle desk is there. My vacation time is too valuable to chase a $10 savings.

Archived