Copenhagen to Boston then to Florida

vols52

We will be flying from Copenhagen to Boston after a transatlantic cruise. Our flight arrives with a 1:45 hour connection to our home flight to FL. Is this enough time to clear customs and make a connection? If not, what airport hotel would you steer us toward for the one night.

Is there a better route to take to the US? We are reading about Dublin? Opinions?

Thank you,

You have a non-stop from Copenhagen to Boston??? On what airline, may I ask. I've never been able to fly Boston to Copenhagen without connecting somewhere. I would love to know how!

Anyway, to answer your question, I don't know if 1 3/4 hours is sufficient or not. If your arriving flight is on time, my sense is that it should be enough time. I was recently off my plane, through Immigration/Customs, and out on the street (yes, with luggage) in less than a half-hour. And I was a wheelchair passenger!

If you don't make the connection, then there is a Hilton Hotel right on the airport grounds. There was a shuttle last I knew, but I haven't used the shuttle in several years, so am not positive.

What is your definition of a "better" route? More convenient, cheaper, the always elusive "all of the above"?

You're already connecting somewhere in Europe I assume - London? Paris? Frankfurt? Dublin may be easier, but that doesn't mean it's better depending on what your definition is. Also, where is your destination in Florida?

1h45 would probably not be enough time to connect in BOS, but it could be...it just depends on the risk you want to take.

Reading between the lines, I suspect the OP has cruiseline provided air and is questioning the routing/times. (Note how they talk about "our flight" as opposed to discussing a possible flight.) Which means there may be limited opportunity for another routing. Best suggestion...be prepared for a dash at Logan and be pleasantly surprised if you breeze through.

Reading between the lines is all we can do because the OP has not provided anywhere near enough information for better responses.

When, what carriers, what route (precisely) and how many tickets are involved (i.e. is the domestic flight on a different ticket than the transatlantic one?) It could be okay, or not.

Hyatt Logan airport; try Priceline.

No the flight is not non-stop. Oh, how I wish.

We (2) will fly out on Sunday May 12 returning to SWFL. We have the option of flying to Tampa, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale or Miami opposed to getting to our home airport of Fort Myers. Princess is showing us their 'best " route as being the 1:45 window through Boston. It does seem too risky. British Airways through London or Brussels is an option that I found on Matrix or Dublin to Boston and down to FL. There is the problem I feel, too many options and we have not taken flights from Europe before.

I'm still not clear on whether you can change or not, or how easily, or just cancel.

That said, if I were coming from Copenhagen to Fort Myers, I'd see if I could extend my trip by a couple of days, then fly straight to RSW from Germany on Airberlin, which flies from Copenhagen to Dusseldorf, then nonstop to RSW from there. Unfortunately they don't fly every day, so if you port on 5/12, you'd have to wait until the 14th to make that happen.

$658 one way on 5/14; leave CPH at 6:30 AM (I know, oy) but arrive at Ft. Myers at 1:30 PM the same day.

Airberlin is a member of the Oneworld alliance and a partner with British Airways, American, etc.

Now if you can't spend the extra time, then I'd go with the route that involves the fewest changes, and I'd allow at least 3 hours at the US port of entry (wherever it is) just in case things go sideways. You should be aware, however, that May is a long, long way off in airline scheduling terms, and the chances of your schedule changing between now and May are very high.

I'm still not clear on whether you can change or not, or how easily, or just cancel.

That said, if I were coming from Copenhagen to Fort Myers, I'd see if I could extend my trip by a couple of days, then fly straight to RSW from Germany on Airberlin, which flies from Copenhagen to Dusseldorf, then nonstop to RSW from there. Unfortunately they don't fly every day, so if you port on 5/12, you'd have to wait until the 14th to make that happen.

$658 one way on 5/14; leave CPH at 6:30 AM (I know, oy) but arrive at Ft. Myers at 1:30 PM the same day.

Airberlin is a member of the Oneworld alliance and a partner with British Airways, American, etc.

Now if you can't spend the extra time, then I'd go with the route that involves the fewest changes, and I'd allow at least 3 hours at the US port of entry (wherever it is) just in case things go sideways. You should be aware, however, that May is a long, long way off in airline scheduling terms, and the chances of your schedule changing between now and May are very high.

Thank you. You have helped me a great deal.

Archived