Cost of iLearn workshops?

PatchesPal

we took a few that were free and my Mom and Aunt took one that was paid for. If you don't know a lot about your iPad then the paid one is informative. I had my iPad for some time they had just purchased theirs. The free classes were pretty good and the guy doing the sessions was funny and gave you some great tips. He taught me a few things and I thought I knew quite a bit. We were on a 12 day cruise with 5 sea days so had lots of time for this kind of stuff. I would take them if the time allows for it, he does teach you a fair amount.

$20 for the iPhoto class on the Summit last week for an hour. It was very well done and the instructor wasn't a clock watcher so it last close to an hour an a half. When posted in the daily, it didn't mention a cost...we found out when we got there.

When posted in the daily, it didn't mention a cost...we found out when we got there.

Typically, activities that entail a fee are marked with an asterisk and a key at the bottom of the Activities Schedule indicates that a fee applies to those offerings...

There no free classes on Equinox on the June 1 cruise

Wow that's too bad, I wonder why. We took 3 free classes and there were a few for a fee. There was quite a few people at them all too. I really enjoyed the classes, lots of tips and ideas how to navigate around my iPad better.

Typically, activities that entail a fee are marked with an asterisk and a key at the bottom of the Activities Schedule indicates that a fee applies to those offerings...

Okay...didn't notice that. But neither did 4 others who walked out then they learned of the fee. A dollar sign instead of an asterisk probably would have been a better idea...lol.

My husband and I took a series of 4 classes on IPhoto and iMovie (we both have MACS and we both do movies) when we were on the Eclipse. The fee was reasonable and included some free internet time. It wa a great way to use up my OBC. The classes were worth it but that is because we had a really good instructor. We were emailed instructional outlines for the classes after we returned home so we did not have to take notes.

It all depends on the instructor!

FYI -- If you live in a city large enough to have Apple Stores, they offer free classes. Seems we never have any problem burning up our OBCs

We love our iPads :D

Amen to that! I've learned so much from the classes at the Apple store. I can imagine that the iLearning classes on the ships are fun but nothing compares to education caliber of the Apple store.

Archived