Changing Cabin Mates

CarolRick

We have reserved our first cruise as Elite. Our son and daughter-in-law are going with us. We booked the cabins with boys in one and girls in the other.

This had two advantages: both cabins are eligible for the shareholder's OBC and all of us will be elite for the cruise.

My question is will we be able to switch to room with our spouses once onboard?

I think I read this being discussed before? Thanks

Yes, you can switch rooms. They will either recode your SeaPass cards or issue additional cards that only open the door to the "correct" cabin. You can take advantage of the shareholders OBC for both rooms. We're doing something similar on our upcoming cruise-- I and my DFIL are booked in one cabin, DW and DMIL in the other. A senior discount was offered, so we were able to receive it for both cabins. I've checked extensively with X to make sure they were okay with this, and they are.

However, your son and DIL will not be Elite, regardless of if they change rooms or not. A non-Elite person traveling (or booked with) with an Elite can accompany the Elite to the Elite lounge for drinks in the afternoon or breakfast in the morning, but does not otherwise qualify for Elite benefits.

Yes, you can switch rooms. They will either recode your SeaPass cards or issue additional cards that only open the door to the "correct" cabin. You can take advantage of the shareholders OBC for both rooms. We're doing something similar on our upcoming cruise-- I and my DFIL are booked in one cabin, DW and DMIL in the other. A senior discount was offered, so we were able to receive it for both cabins. I've checked extensively with X to make sure they were okay with this, and they are.

However, your son and DIL will not be Elite, regardless of if they change rooms or not. A non-Elite person traveling (or booked with) with an Elite can accompany the Elite to the Elite lounge for drinks in the afternoon or breakfast in the morning, but does not otherwise qualify for Elite benefits.

Thank You all for the info.

kind of right kind of wrong, on this cruise they will be Elite they will get there own discount book onboard and there cards will say Elite, however if they then go on a cruise on there own they will still be the status they have with out you so if this is there first cruise they will be that status.

Archived