New to cruising!

JMCruising

Hello. I am brand new to the boards and cruising so I of course have questions. We will be going in the Ecstasy October 18th for our 5 year anniversary.

1. Do I need to somehow let them know beforehand that we want the two twin beds combined?

2. I had previously looked at the Bon Voyage items and was going to purchase something that is no longer there. I have read posts that they are adding so is it possible it will come back?

3. We will be going snorkeling in Nassau through Carnival. I understand the tour people provide the snorkel gear and it is cleaned. I also read on here I believe that someone was able to buy a snorkel on their ship to take off with them, brand new. Does the Ecstasy have this option?

4. If an excursion gets cancelled or there is a port change, is it refunded to my card or given as OBC being I booked through Carnival?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond :)

The excursion desk onboard the ship will have the snorkel tubes for $5 I believe .. so you have a clean mouthpiece if you want. All ships have this sitting on the excursion desk that I can remember.

If a port is cancelled, you get the TAX on the port charges refunded as OBC to your onboard account .. note I did not say you get port charges back which is a much larger amount that is embedded in your cruisefare and they wouldnt tell you how much it is anyway. You get some little approx $10 pp back as OBC, which is nothing .. are you going in hurricane season?

If you have a port CHANGE as you asked .. nothing is refunded, except if you had prepaid for a excursion thru carnival, then you get than .. but a substitution, you get nothing back.

4. If your excursion is cancelled it will be refunded to your ONBOARD ACCOUNT (as a credit to that account), your Sail'n'Sign account. This is the same as an OBC. If you have a credit balance in your account at the end of the cruise, Carnival will give you a check for that balance.

Have fun on your first cruise. Of all the cruises you will take in the future, you will most likely forget some, but you will definitely REMEMBER YOUR FIRST CRUISE. :)

Yes we are going in October so I believe that's towards the end of hurricane season. And yes I was just questioning how they would refund an excursion booked through Carnival. OBC or back onto my card. And so glad to hear about the snorkel thing!!:p

Archived