Breakaway changes itinerary...for FL/Bahamas cruises

Got Tequila?

Just got an email from NCL....

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 7-Day Bahamas & Florida

sailings from New York from October 13, 2013 to April 27, 2014. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware

of the change and travel professionals are kindly asked to forward this information to their clients.

In order to continue to enhance our guest experience, we are changing our departure time from New York to 3pm and

the order of our ports of call.

Please see the revised itinerary information below:

Original

Sun New York, New York 5:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue At Sea

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Thu Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Fri Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida 6:00 am to 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun New York, New York 10:00 am

Revised

Sun New York, New York 3:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida noon to 9:00 pm

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun New York, New York 8:00 am

TA just sent letter dated today the October 2013 - April 2014 route has changed, basically doing Orlando and beaches first, Nassau last. Also taking an hour off each port except Nassau. So pretty much like the route had been on the Gem.

Our preference was the way we booked it - we had gotten into Orlando at 6 am until 4 pm, now noon to 9 pm. I've been on this route before and IMO I don't see this as enhancing guest experience especially for Orlando unless maybe for the folks going to the parks.

The other KEY change is it is leaving New York at 3 pm vs. 5 pm and getting back at 8 am vs. 10 am.

TA just sent letter dated today the October 2013 - April 2014 route has changed, basically doing Orlando and beaches first, Nassau last. Also taking an hour off each port except Nassau. So pretty much like the route had been on the Gem.

Our preference was the way we booked it - we had gotten into Orlando at 6 am until 4 pm, now noon to 9 pm. I've been on this route before and IMO I don't see this as enhancing guest experience especially for Orlando unless maybe for the folks going to the parks.

The other KEY change is it is leaving New York at 3 pm vs. 5 pm and getting back at 8 am vs. 10 am.

Im sure they made the switch because the way it was originally scheduled, pax would have had to report to ICE agents when arriving in Port Canaveral.

Just got an email from NCL....

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 7-Day Bahamas & Florida

sailings from New York from October 13, 2013 to April 27, 2014. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware

of the change and travel professionals are kindly asked to forward this information to their clients.

In order to continue to enhance our guest experience, we are changing our departure time from New York to 3pm and

the order of our ports of call.

Please see the revised itinerary information below:

Original

Sun New York, New York 5:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue At Sea

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Thu Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Fri Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida 6:00 am to 4:00 pm

Sat At Sea

Sun New York, New York 10:00 am

Revised

Sun New York, New York 3:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Tue Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida noon to 9:00 pm

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am to 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun New York, New York 8:00 am

Thank you for posting.

But, this itinerary sucks!

Why in the world are they wasting a day in Port Canaveral from 12pm to 9pm. Nassau, most people would take it or leave it. (Majority would leave it.) And Great Stirrup Cay was a dump when we went. I kept looking over to RCCL Cococay (they are near each other) wishing I was there instead. I read that they're revamping Great Stirrup Cay. That's good.

This is my personal opinion of course.:D

Thank you for posting.

Why in the world are they wasting a day in Port Canaveral from 12pm to 9pm. Nassau, most people would take it or leave it. (Majority would leave it.) And Great Stirrup Cay was a dump when we went. I kept looking over to RCCL Cococay (they are near each other) wishing I was there instead. I read that they're revamping Great Stirrup Cay. That's good.

I personally like the Orlando change, 12-9 to me is much better than arriving at 6AM. We like to be out on deck when sailing into port, and I don't know if I could get up by 5AM to watch.

I also prefer sailing out of NY at 3PM, rather than 5PM in February...there will still be some daylight left as we go under the bridge.

We really booked for the ship, so the changes really don't affect us...but I'm sure others may have some issues.

Thank you for posting.

Of course that is your opinion. IMO, was just in Nassau last week, LOVED it and GSC was not a dump. Although it got VERY crowded!

I got the same email. I kinda like the change. I was not planning to be up and getting off the ship in Orlando at 6:00 am more like 10am so that meant just a few hours and no way we could do any of the excursions. Now we can. I also like the leaving at 3 instead of 5 :)

This is a very smart decision by NCL.

The original plan/itinerary was totally doofus, considering the arrival time into Port Canaveral, and all that would have to take place by ALL onboard prior to the debarkation for that port day.

Thank you for posting.

Luckily nobody is forcing you to take this cruise!;)

I am about to book this trip and am also glad for the change. I like the earlier departure from NY as someone else said still light under the bridge. Also the customs thing when they arrive at 6 am would totally stink.

Thanks for posting the info Got Tequila, I think this will work better for us. :)

It's similar to the current Gem cruise and what I did on the Jewel two years ago. Late into Orlando but we actually arrived early and were off the ship before the 11a arrival time. Only other difference was a 4p departure from NY.

We did bus only transport to Sea World (I had tickets) had a great time.

I looked back at when we did this route on the Spirit. We left NY 4pm, then one day at sea and arrived PC scheduled for 9a-7p. The next day was GSC then following day was Nassau which was scheduled 9:30a-3p.

Yes, I know they are trying to save fuel now.

An odd question but I wonder if anyone had flights booked assuming the 5:00 pm departure and will now have an issue because we leave at 3. That's gonna suck!!

If they have flights booked for 15 months from now they were taking a big chance on a charter changing their plans anyway!

An odd question but I wonder if anyone had flights booked assuming the 5:00 pm departure and will now have an issue because we leave at 3. That's gonna suck!!

You can only book air 330 days in advance, so no one could have booked air for those affected cruises.

Archived