AMA vs Uniworld in Vietnam/Cambodia.

rpv2sail

We would like to take a Vietnam/Cambodia river cruise in 2013. I've been looking at the cruises offered by AMAWaterways and Uniworld.

I read the article in CN Traveler which listed the AMA trip as a "dream itinerary" but haven't come across anything on Uniworld in this part of the world. On the River Cruise roll call I only saw postings for AMA, but nothing for Uniworld--I'm wondering if they are new to cruises in this part of the world?

Also, any suggestions on the best airlines and connections?

Thanks

Pam

I too just saw reviews for Viking and Ama,,for cruise in Dec..Went with AMA since it had newer ships,with balcony.Also,offered junk cruise on Halong Bay.Checked out hotels and all top of the line.If you look under my thread on AMAlotus,,by using search engine above..a kind lady offered to send photos of same...they were fantastic.Will help you decide.

For air,,tried the internet sites,and compared to cruiseline.Ended up with internet one..cheaper and could pick the details.Do have to get taxi when you land,,but quite cheap.

Do check out the lengthy reviews and other posts here..lots to read and decide.Good luck,,,PS..Ama sent me a special deal for this years cruise...could check websites for early deal.;)

• 1 year later...
We would like to take a Vietnam/Cambodia river cruise in 2013. I've been looking at the cruises offered by AMAWaterways and Uniworld.

I read the article in CN Traveler which listed the AMA trip as a "dream itinerary" but haven't come across anything on Uniworld in this part of the world. On the River Cruise roll call I only saw postings for AMA, but nothing for Uniworld--I'm wondering if they are new to cruises in this part of the world?

Also, any suggestions on the best airlines and connections?

Thanks

Pam

Hi there,

I am just looking at the same thing you were earlier in the year and I have the same question, therefore I am wondering which cruise ship you decided to go with in the end.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Archived