Horizon hot tubs

The Zenith does, the Horizon doesn't. They do however, have a smaller pool next to the "regular" pool, that actually is a large hot tub. Warmer water, bubbles, etc. etc.

I believe the Horizon did have hot tubs at one time but I remember something about an health issue and they were removed. This happened back in the mid 90's. From what I can recall, the hot tub(s) used to be on deck 12.

Mom & I were on the Horizon 3 weeks ago. There are definitely no hot tubs, and there definitely used to be hot tubs. We found an old post card of the Horizon tucked into that "ships services" binder that is left in every room. And sure enough, the old post card showed three hot tubs on one of the aft decks. We checked all the aft decks, and -- no hot tubs!

I believe the Horizon did have hot tubs at one time but I remember something about an health issue and they were removed. This happened back in the mid 90's. From what I can recall, the hot tub(s) used to be on deck 12.

The health issue was an outbreak of Legionnaires disease in Apr-Jul 1994 that resulted in one death. Some links for additional information:

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/pub/mmwr/mm940812.htm

http://www.q-net.net.au/~legion/Legionnaires_Disease_in_Cruise_Ships.htm

The latter link includes a photo of the hot tubs on the Horizon.

Archived