Question about Camp Carnival on the first night.....

jcearth

So I have been doing some extensive vacation research and have found loads of great information on this website, but I now have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. I am traveling in September on the Fascination with DW, DS(6), DS(3), and DS(2), and I am trying to find out if we will be able to leave the kids at Camp Carnival on the first night before paid babysitting begins at 10PM. I have found a sampling of Camp Carnival schedules (but none for the Fascination specifically), and some ships have the program open as early as 7PM, while on others, the camp does not open until the next day. On the sample Fun Tines I have viewed, it has the Family Welcome Aboard party scheduled for 7PM. This would lead me to believe that Camp Carnival could be open as early as 8PM. Has anyone been onboard the Fascination and knows the answer, or how to figure out in general when the camp will be open on the first night and when it will not? Thanks for your help!

I was under the impression that it is NOT open on the first night. There is an orientation/registration that shows up on some Fun Times, but the actual Camp Carnival doesn't open until day 2.

This comes from research I was doing to get in the Steakhouse on day 1, but didn't want to bring the kids.

So I have been doing some extensive vacation research and have found loads of great information on this website, but I now have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. I am traveling in September on the Fascination with DW, DS(6), DS(3), and DS(2), and I am trying to find out if we will be able to leave the kids at Camp Carnival on the first night before paid babysitting begins at 10PM. I have found a sampling of Camp Carnival schedules (but none for the Fascination specifically), and some ships have the program open as early as 7PM, while on others, the camp does not open until the next day. On the sample Fun Tines I have viewed, it has the Family Welcome Aboard party scheduled for 7PM. This would lead me to believe that Camp Carnival could be open as early as 8PM. Has anyone been onboard the Fascination and knows the answer, or how to figure out in general when the camp will be open on the first night and when it will not? Thanks for your help!

I have been on a lot of cruises with my kids, and only once... during our Spring Break cruise last year... was camp open on the first night. Every other cruise, not open until 10pm.

The only time Camp Carnival was open the first night on our cruises was a 4-day Carnival Glory cruise. I think I read someplace that if the cruise is 5 days or longer, Camp Carnival opens the first full day - the first night is family activities.

• 1 month later...

OK, so the actual answer to the question was one I had not located anywhere online. Camp was open from 8:30PM to 10PM on the first night of the cruise, before the fees began to kick in after 10PM. My kids loved Camp Carnival, and couldn't wait to go each night!

Camps are NOT opened the first night except for orientation-- for programing

but they are opened at 10pm for the fee based sitting.

camps are opened on sea days at 10am--til 12:45 and 2 til 5 and 7-10

dinner is at night-- you take your child to the lido deck and the counselors will bring them back to the camp.

your DS MUST be 2 by the day of sailing. he can not even be a few days shy of 2 or turning 2 on the cruise.

Camps are NOT opened the first night except for orientation-- for programing

but they are opened at 10pm for the fee based sitting.

camps are opened on sea days at 10am--til 12:45 and 2 til 5 and 7-10

dinner is at night-- you take your child to the lido deck and the counselors will bring them back to the camp.

your DS MUST be 2 by the day of sailing. he can not even be a few days shy of 2 or turning 2 on the cruise.

Thanks for posting this. We are taking our grandson (6 yrs old) on his first cruise next May and was wondering about the hours of kids camp. As much as we love having him around, I know he would prefer being with kids his own age once in a while. :D

Thanks for posting this. We are taking our grandson (6 yrs old) on his first cruise next May and was wondering about the hours of kids camp. As much as we love having him around, I know he would prefer being with kids his own age once in a while. :D

Pam- i thought that too but 5 year old grand daughter stuck like glue with us after her first morning in the camp- she thought we were having better fun without her.

Pam- i thought that too but 5 year old grand daughter stuck like glue with us after her first morning in the camp- she thought we were having better fun without her.

LOL really? I will be really surprised if my grandson does that with us. I won't mind at all, but I will be surprised. I can't wait!!

LOL really? I will be really surprised if my grandson does that with us. I won't mind at all, but I will be surprised. I can't wait!!

Believe me-- I was shocked because the whole time before the cruise I would tell her what she was gonna be doing-- and she was sooooo excited.

She still had a ball though

The paid part is the best value you get from Carnival! I think it was $6 an hour for the 1st child and $3 for the second. $9 an hour to get to see a few comedy shows and have some time with adults. Well worth that price.

On the first day, though, we kept our kids so they wouldnt be in too much shock. They were 4 and 5 at the time.

The paid part is the best value you get from Carnival! I think it was $6 an hour for the 1st child and $3 for the second. $9 an hour to get to see a few comedy shows and have some time with adults. Well worth that price.

On the first day, though, we kept our kids so they wouldnt be in too much shock. They were 4 and 5 at the time.

The price has gone up recently. It is now $6.75 per hour + 15% gratuity per child, with no discount for second or third children. The price is charged in 30 minute increments. Also, on certain nights they have late night parties for different age groups (my 6 year old did a "fun til one" party (10pm to 1 am)). For these parties, you are charged the entire cost of the party up front. It is a slight discount over the hourly rates, and they receive party favors.

Also, my original post was looking for information on 5 night cruises, which I could not find anywhere. On 7 night cruises, camp is not open on the first night (except for after hours babysitting). On the cruise I took last week, I assure you that camp was open at 8:30 on the first night.

How much are the "parties" for the kids?

i just glanced at my fun times schedules and only see a party for 9-11 year olds. I am guessing the little ones-- depends on how many kids are onboard if its done. I do show that its listed as Extended time camp and costs 12.00 for the first kid and 8 bucks for the sibling-- (cousins will cost extra..

they do get party favor stuff-- like a glow stick- other nights it was 6. bucks for one and 4 for the sibling.

another night the party was 18.00 for the first child and 12.00 for the sibling-- they get a flash light so they can play flash light tag.

You will get the daily activity sheet at the meet and greet/registration/orientation which lists the entire weeks activities-- sit and plan your schedule together-- (a highlighter comes in handy---two kids get two different colors

On the Triumph, Camp Carnival is open the first night. From 7-10 for free, then after 10pm(for a Fee). I was shocked to hear this during orientation, but they said it was up to the staff if they open the first night early. Whatever time they decide to open first be there because this is when kids form their little groups for the week and coming in the second day the other kids might have already formed their cliques.

We sailed on the Fascination in August, I just pulled out the Camp Carnival Schedule. It says Parent's must be present (at the activities/orientation) until 8:00pm. (On the first day)

I have all of the activity schedules, let me know if you have any specific questions.

On the Triumph, Camp Carnival is open the first night. From 7-10 for free, then after 10pm(for a Fee). I was shocked to hear this during orientation, but they said it was up to the staff if they open the first night early. Whatever time they decide to open first be there because this is when kids form their little groups for the week and coming in the second day the other kids might have already formed their cliques.

how strange-- when do they have the orientation?

are you talking about the teen clubs?

when do they fill out their paperwork, etc?

how strange-- when do they have the orientation?

are you talking about the teen clubs?

when do they fill out their paperwork, etc?

Orientation was at 5:00 in one of the lounges. Then they had a party dance off in one of the clubs around 6:30 where the kids and familys danced for prizes(this lasted about 30 minutes) then they announced that the Camp Carnival was open until 10, then after 10 their would be a fee. If you did not go to the orientation or dance party you would not have known it was open because it was not written or published anywhere else.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I am confused. I just pulled up some navigators from the Splendor (thanks Ron!) in July, and it said the first night orientation was at 7:15 pm. We are on early dining, do we just leave early or eat fast? Or have one adult take the kids? Or do we really even need to go to orientation?

I am not worried about my kids making friends, they do that VERY easily.

Alright I might be able to clear some things up. Our boys have been on a number of cruises in their short little lives and none of them have had camp open before 10:00pm on the first night. However, we threw in a 3 nighter this summer to help reach platinum and boy were we surprised when camp opened around 7:00 that first evening.

I went to speak to a camp counselor to confirm. She stated that on the short cruises they open camp on that first night unlike the longer cruises which do not open for programming until the first full day. Hope that provides a little clarification.

Alright I might be able to clear some things up. Our boys have been on a number of cruises in their short little lives and none of them have had camp open before 10:00pm on the first night. However, we threw in a 3 nighter this summer to help reach platinum and boy were we surprised when camp opened around 7:00 that first evening.

I went to speak to a camp counselor to confirm. She stated that on the short cruises they open camp on that first night unlike the longer cruises which do not open for programming until the first full day. Hope that provides a little clarification.

Sounds good. I am still confused, how do you go to the 7:15 orientation if you have a 6PM dinner seating? And is it really necessary to go to the orientation?

And is it really necessary to go to the orientation?

depending on the age of your kids...

if in the group of the 2-5 years old then yes so you can get a pager, or cell phone. They go quickly.

for the teens-- yes. this should be mandatory as they do ice breakers.. and kids form clicks rather quickly.

there is paperwork that needs to be filled out-- you should do it online to save time...and that line the first morning is rather long.

I have not seen orientation done at 7:15 in a while.

its usually held that first day getting onboard about 5:30pm. and camps are not opened that first day.

teen orientation is later in the evening.

I am not sure how it works on a sailing with 3/4 days

Looking at Navigators--- are you sure thats a carnival kid camp page?

are you sailing in the summer?

Archived