Hotels for Houston International Airport

Dambuster

Hi everyone,

I am hoping for a little help. The boss and I are sailing on the Crown Princess departing Galveston in Jan 2013. We arrive at George Bush International Airport at 8:00pm. We have booked a night at the Hotel Galvez in Galveston together with a transfer from airport/hotel/pier through Princess. However, when adding our flight details into the independant flight page of the cruide personalizer, it flagged up a problem. I couldn't see what the problem was as we arrive in Galveston on the day prior to ship departure. After questioning this with our travel agents, they were told that as Princess is a new line operating from Galveston, the shuttle to and from Houston would be by the Hotels shuttle which stops running at 6:00pm.

Can anyone please recommend a hotel at Houston International airport, as our best option is to night stop in Houston, and then take a Princess shuttle direct to the pier from Houston on the Saturday morning.

Thanks all

Tony

There is a very nice hotel on the IAH property, and Marriott is what it was a number of years ago. That would be convenient, in that you would only have to pay for transportation once, to the port.

Hi everyone,

I am hoping for a little help. The boss and I are sailing on the Crown Princess departing Galveston in Jan 2013. We arrive at George Bush International Airport at 8:00pm. We have booked a night at the Hotel Galvez in Galveston together with a transfer from airport/hotel/pier through Princess. However, when adding our flight details into the independant flight page of the cruide personalizer, it flagged up a problem. I couldn't see what the problem was as we arrive in Galveston on the day prior to ship departure. After questioning this with our travel agents, they were told that as Princess is a new line operating from Galveston, the shuttle to and from Houston would be by the Hotels shuttle which stops running at 6:00pm.

Can anyone please recommend a hotel at Houston International airport, as our best option is to night stop in Houston, and then take a Princess shuttle direct

to the pier from Houston on the Saturday morning.

Thanks all

Tony

The Marriott. So easy, get the connecting shuttle train to the hotel and then back to the airport to pick up the transfer bus to Galveston. Its a very nice hotel as well!

There are numerous hotels within a mile or two of the airport and they all provide free pickup/return transportation.

However, I agree with the others that the airport Marriott is the most convenient hotel and avoids the pickup/return hassle. The underground free shuttle train is very convenient from any of the terminals to the hotel.

Thanks very much for all of your responses so far. It looks likely that we will book into the Marriott at Houston on the night prior to embarkation. Our travel agent has further informed us that to date, the Princess shuttle pick up point on the morning of embarkation will be at arrivals baggage claim, terminal C, at 11:30am.

Surely if a passenger books and pays for a pick-up/hotel package with the cruise line, the cruise line should ensure that tranportation to the hotel is available no matter what the time is.

Archived