Connecting staterooms on qm2

jimpod

We have recently booked a Transatlantic on the QM2 for November/December and have just noticed that the cabin we have booked (4111) has a symbol on the deck plans - connecting stateroom. Can anyone who has been in such a stateroom tell me where the connecting door is and what effect, if any, it may have on 'our space'. This is our first time on the QM2 - normally cruise with Princess although we have been on the QE.

Thanks

The door is on the opposite wall from the bed, inboard (toward the hallway vs. the window) of where the foot of the bed ends up. I think QE has coat hooks on the wall like QV - the door is roughly where the QV coathook is on the wall, outboard of the closets.

We had a connecting room on 11 in October and couldn't tell that there was anyone in the adjacent room.

I've had a connecting door in the cabin once when I was upgraded from an "Atrium View" to a "Sheltered Balcony". As others have said, the door is in the wall facing the bed, nearer the bathroom. I was expecting to hear the noise of conversation or the TV from next door. I was pleasantly surprised to hear nothing, in fact I began to wonder if the cabin was empty until I saw my neighbours one day leaving to go to dinner. Hope this helps, Bon Voyage :) .

On our last voyage on Queen Mary 2, I booked two glass balcony cabins, and one had a connecting door and the usual small sofa. At times, my son heard a little noise from the connecting room, but was not disturbed by it.

I try to avoid booking connecting staterooms as a rule, but sometimes cannot avoid it. On a Celebrity ship many years ago, we had a small boy burst into our suite as the connecting door was not locked, so I always check to be sure the door is secured.

Wishing you a wonderful time on Queen Mary 2.

Archived