Hotel parking while cruising?

gamecockvic

DW and I are so excited to cruise on HAL again in December! We sail December 15th on Eurodam. It has been many years since we sailed from Ft. Lauderdale, but I recall hotels that let us park while away. Any suggestions for a nice, clean room with parking for the week?

Thanks for your help.:)

We have used the Days Inn in Hollywood several times leaving our car behind. They will give you a free shuttle side to the airport (get your ticket when you register). They have a great breakfast and at night there is a Happy Hour in the lobby. You do need to get a cab back unless you are staying another night at the hotel upon your return.

Head over to the Florida ports of departure. You'll get lots of info there. In face everything about Ft. L will be at your fingertips. ;)

In the meantime, to park your car whiole cruising, MOST hotels will be near the airport. Actually Dania has a couple newer hotels that are nice. Look at stay123.com and also parksleepfly.com for starters. Some will allow up to 7 and some some up to 14 days. Have used them both in other cities.

Do NOT let shuttles to the port be a deciding factor in your choice. (also don't choose the cheapest unless you know the neighborhood). The shuttles to the port leave you at the mercy of their schedule and some charge $7-10 . And the cab fare won't be but about $20 for the carload. Leave on your schedule and avoid the groups.

Head over to the Florida ports of departure. You'll get lots of info there. In face everything about Ft. L will be at your fingertips. ;)

Do NOT let shuttles to the port be a deciding factor in your choice. (also don't choose the cheapest unless you know the neighborhood). The shuttles to the port leave you at the mercy of their schedule and some charge $7-10 . And the cab fare won't be but about $20 for the carload. Leave on your schedule and avoid the groups.

Thanks! I agree about the shuttles and not getting a hotel in a bad area. DW makes sure the hotel is nice enough! Now I know where to start.

Archived