Corfu taxi tours

Putterdude

I corresponded with Dimitris from Corfu Taxi Private Tours on our recent (mid-November) cruise. He ended up with another booking and sent Spirios instead. My initial disappointment went away quickly as Spirios took us on a lovely 4 or 5 hour tour all over Corfu, probably the same places Dimitris would have taken us. (We did bump into him at one stop.) I couldn't tell you the names of all the places we went but it was very scenic and gave us a feel for the island and its people. And the olives! We saw SOOOO many olive trees that when we stopped for some fresh bread, olive oil, olives & a little wine, it was extra-delicious. We only saw tour buses at one stop--and I didn't mind since that was where the clean bathrooms were--so I felt like we had the island to ourselves.

We wanted to see the synagogue in Corfu Town and Spirios made sure that we got there, as well as telling us a little bit about the Jewish presence in Corfu. It was a lovely day and I'd recommend him highly.

• 2 months later...

Corfu, Greece.

Our cruise and, based on a lot of good feedback. I contacted Vangelis Vranikas of Taxi Tours Corfu. We were very lucky that Vangelis Vranikas himself was available and we booked the 4-5 hour tour, based on our interests and his recommendation.But he is not available he have good partners. Vangelis met us at port with his Mercedes Benz We started our tour from driving to the top of the hills with amazing view, through the very narrow streets of the small villages then stop at traditional wine destilery to taste free wine and bread with local olive oil and oregano.

Besides being an excellent driver and very knowledgeable about the history, religion and culture of the island, Vangelis is also a good photographer . We visited the most important tourist stops on the island , the Monastery of the Virgin Mary and the Achilleon Palace 7 EURO per person or 5EURO over 65 years old .He also arranged for us to be able to see the Corfu synagogue which we requested. After having a wonderful tour with Vangelis, we asked him to join us for lunch and lucky for us he had the time to stay with us. He picked a local Taverna where he usually takes his family and ordered the food that he thought we would enjoy. If you are planning to be in Corfu and want to have a great time – make sure you try to get Vangelis Vranikas to be your guide.

His contact info is:

VANGELIS VRANIKAS http://www.taxitourscorfu.com or info@taxitourscorfu.com http://www.facebook.com/taxitourscorfu

TRIPADVISOR: Taxi Day Tours Corfu.

• 1 month later...

I would like to share with you a bad experience that my sister had a few weeks ago at Corfu port when decided to take a taxi tour with some friends. Passing by the port terminal she noticed the taxi tours office and she decided to have a four hours tour with them which cost 200EUROS. They promised her that the driver would by able to speak good english and also they promised for a luxury car. Later my sister got surprised when she show an old and dirty car. There was also problem with the driver who wasn't able to speak good english or give her any information about the place or the history of it. She got realy disappointed and she desided to finish the tour earlier. When she went back to the ship she heard from other ship passengers that she could easily use a very good car from the taxi rank just front of the port and also an english spoken driver been able to tell them everything about the corfu island and history of it of course the prices of the taxis out there were a lot lower, for example for four hours 160EUROS.

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES at port Too expensive..... ..Not guarantee and liars

Make your selections from the websites.

Edited by tinabarton

I would like to share with you a bad experience that my sister had a few weeks ago at Corfu port when decided to take a taxi tour with some friends. Passing by the port terminal she noticed the taxi tours office and she decided to have a four hours tour with them which cost 200EUROS. They promised her that the driver would by able to speak good english and also they promised for a luxury car. Later my sister got surprised when she show an old and dirty car. There was also problem with the driver who wasn't able to speak good english or give her any information about the place or the history of it. She got realy disappointed and she desided to finish the tour earlier. When she went back to the ship she heard from other ship passengers that she could easily use a very good car from the taxi rank just front of the port and also an english spoken driver been able to tell them everything about the corfu island and history of it of course the prices of the taxis out there were a lot lower, for example for four hours 160EUROS.

When you say do not use their services, which company do you men. We are booked with Taxitourscorfu.com but have only paid €120 for 3 hours.

When you say do not use their services, which company do you men. We are booked with Taxitourscorfu.com but have only paid €120 for 3 hours.

SARAR - I would take the post from TinaBarton with a grain of salt. All of the posts from this poster are about taxi tours in Corfu. It seems to me that he/she has a vested interest in the tours that are offered there.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a cruise and booked with Corfu Taxi Tours for 3 hour panorama tour. Got an excellent overview of Corfu and had a wonderful time with Philip. Went to the monastery, a beach,scenic vistas, and through local villages. His personal commentary and consideration made for a very special tour.

• 2 weeks later...

40euros per hour. We had a very comprehensive 3 hour tour and then Philip dropped us off somewhere for lunch and to explore the town. He told us to call if we needed a ride back to the ship. A wonderful overview with great commentary.

40euros per hour. We had a very comprehensive 3 hour tour and then Philip dropped us off somewhere for lunch and to explore the town. He told us to call if we needed a ride back to the ship. A wonderful overview with great commentary.

What transportation did you take back to port? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

We were in Corfu earlier this month and happened to run into Spirios Kritikos one of the principals of Corfu Taxi Tours. As I suspected there is a company with a similar name operating out of an office in the cruise terminal....this is not Spirios's company. It is an association of taxi drivers who offer tours; as Spirios explained when you book with them you get the next car in line, no matter its age or condition or if the driver can speak English or not.

Here is a link to Spirios's website with his email address, if he can't accommodate you he will carefully assign you to one of his associates. Incidentally, he his very highly regarded on Trip Advisor.

http://www.corfutaxitours.com/index.htm

• 1 month later...

Everything about our experience was first rate. Spiros responded very promptly to all of our emails. Our driver, Christos, was fantastic. He was waiting for us right when we got off the ship. He was very congenial and gave us a wonderful tour of the beautiful island of Corfu. He dropped us in town and told us where to find a great restaurant for lunch. All in all it was a perfect day. We highly recommend Corfu Taxi Tours.

• 2 weeks later...