Booking while cruising

TiggerInNY

Unless they've changed policy, you receive 2 Friends and Family certificates that will get others booking your same cruise some OBC. Good deal if there is any likelihood others may be cruising with you.

Future Carnival Vacation

Guests who actually book a cruise while onboard will receive an onboard credit up to $200.00* per stateroom. The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same onboard credit given to the host booking.

Onboard Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise
  • $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise
  • $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise
  • $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

Note
: Single occupancy staterooms will receive 100% of the onboard credit. This is a recent change, it use to be 50%.

Terms and Condition for Guest Vouchers

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.
  • The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.
  • The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Carnival Cruise Line

Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSGP-456S

3655 NW 87th Ave

Miami, Florida 33178

• Photo copies will not be accepted.
  • The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, or other restricted fares.

Note
: The new booking will be made under the same profile as the current cruise booking. If the profile is a travel agency, a confirmation will be sent to the travel agency upon completion of the booking.

If you have to get airfare and hotel as well, I've found it pays to spend at few days exploring all of the options -- test-booking various flights, checking hotel rates in the area, checking the ports and options for activities. This is not something you want to do while in the middle of a vacation (especially not with the ship's Internet!)

For me, flying out of the Great Lakes area, the difference in choice of airports alone can be as much as $500 for the two of us. Flying in to Port Canaveral (Orlando, actually) is much less expensive than Miami (or Ft. Lauderdale), for example. So choice of cruise ship, port, destinations, and sailing date all come into the equation -- and the difference overall might add up to $1000 on a single vacation. I'd rather hone all that down at the comfort of my home computer, rather than pick something at random while on a cruise.

Even if you do decide to book while on the ship, I would recommend having done your research and made a decision on your next cruise ahead of time.

Thanks for the advice. We live in Florida so a hotel and airfare are out of the equation. It's just the point of school and finances. From what I understand is that some cruise lines give more of a discount when you book whild cruising. That's OK. I'm just glad to be cruising again. It's been a while. :( Thanks for all youre help.

One other small benefit is that your future $100 credit is immediately input into the Carnival system while you are on the ship. If you buy a future cruise certificate, you have to submit the certificate yourself. Not that that is hard to do but if you follow these Boards, there were several posts where cruisers had trouble getting the credit and had to do several follow ups.

I found the process to purchase the credit very well organized. There were 2 sessions held on the ship for questions and answers regarding the program. They have several large maps of most ships at the desk to help identify the location of cabins. They also printed out detailed pricing sheets which I could review in my cabin. You could even go to the general location on your current ship to see where your future cabin might be. As has already been said, you also get 2 vouchers for friends or family. Talk about cruise candy! Finally, you could still assign a TA to your account for future handling.

It's also a nice feeling to know that as your current cruise ends, you are already booked for the next.

I have found that the cruise consultants on the ship are very good at giving an incorrect price when you want to book.

Gave me a higher price than what was on the website and wouldnt even bother to check.

As a result we purchased the FCC and booked after we got home at a lower price.

* just a personal note on this. We tried to book our next cruise while on our last cruise. The FCC rep wasn't helpful at all. In fact she said they didn't book future cruises, that we'd have to use the ship's internet to book a future cruise. This experience may not be the norm. But we got the impression that she would not help us at all. Yeah she'd sell us an FCC, but no help w/ our next cruise.

* just a personal note on this. We tried to book our next cruise while on our last cruise. The FCC rep wasn't helpful at all. In fact she said they didn't book future cruises, that we'd have to use the ship's internet to book a future cruise. This experience may not be the norm. But we got the impression that she would not help us at all. Yeah she'd sell us an FCC, but no help w/ our next cruise.

Some ships only have a desk for FCCs, I don't think all ships are even set-up to book onboard.

Thanks for the advice. We live in Florida so a hotel and airfare are out of the equation. It's just the point of school and finances. From what I understand is that some cruise lines give more of a discount when you book whild cruising. That's OK. I'm just glad to be cruising again. It's been a while. :( Thanks for all youre help.

Carnival gives NO DISCOUNT .. so there it isnt that some give more.. Carnival gives NONE. Just to make sure you are clear on this.

the only perk is OBC.

Very strange bunch of employees doing this on Cranival ships.

Thanks everyone. The information is very helpful. I think I'll wait and book a future cruise on my own, in my own time. No bennies for onboard. Oh well...:rolleyes:

If your going to cruise again within two years on carnival just purchase the fcc.

Thanks everyone. The information is very helpful. I think I'll wait and book a future cruise on my own, in my own time. No bennies for onboard. Oh well...:rolleyes:

no one said no bennies .. you get two friends and family if you book onboard, or you buy the FCC and bring it home to use and get OBC as I mentioned above. the friends and family vouchers are a benefit if booking more than one cabin, otherwise of no use, .. but buy the FCC and bring it home to use??

OBC is a bennie/perk to me?? Its free money.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Maybe if you read thru this you will understand better.

OBC is a perk .. its not a discount, its free money to spend onboard.

no one said no bennies .. you get two friends and family if you book onboard, or you buy the FCC and bring it home to use and get OBC as I mentioned above. the friends and family vouchers are a benefit if booking more than one cabin, otherwise of no use, .. but buy the FCC and bring it home to use??

OBC is a bennie/perk to me?? Its free money.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

Maybe if you read thru this you will understand better.

OBC is a perk .. its not a discount, its free money to spend onboard.

Thanks. That helps.

I have found that the cruise consultants on the ship are very good at giving an incorrect price when you want to book.

Gave me a higher price than what was on the website and wouldnt even bother to check.

As a result we purchased the FCC and booked after we got home at a lower price.

Stu has it correct. Tried once to book aboard CCL and got NO where. The complete opposite is found on other lines, like X, where we were given military discount, two category upgrade, choice of cabins, and $300 OBC for upcoming cruise. Left the onboard representative with complete itemized booking in our hand and was contacted prior to leaving the ship to make sure we didn't have any additional questions. That's what I call a cruise line that is really interested in your future choice of cruise lines!

Stu has it correct. Tried once to book aboard CCL and got NO where. The complete opposite is found on other lines, like X, where we were given military discount, two category upgrade, choice of cabins, and $300 OBC for upcoming cruise. Left the onboard representative with complete itemized booking in our hand and was contacted prior to leaving the ship to make sure we didn't have any additional questions. That's what I call a cruise line that is really interested in your future choice of cruise lines!

I have to agree with you about the "wanting your business" part of CCL. That should b a no brainerfor any cruise line. They have a captive audience to solicit and yet they leave it untapped. Go figure?

I understand what it is but what does FCC stand for? :confused: Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks.

I have to agree with you about the "wanting your business" part of CCL. That should b a no brainerfor any cruise line. They have a captive audience to solicit and yet they leave it untapped. Go figure?

I understand what it is but what does FCC stand for? :confused: Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks.

FCC = future cruise certificate

Sounds like my experience on Disney Cruise Line. The future cruise desk is very popluar the last few days of the cruise, they give a 10% discount if you book onboard, and you dont even have to pick a specific cruise, you can book a placeholder aka "dummy" cruise and then move the date around once you get home and keep your discount. Discounted deposit too, and $200 OBC for 7 day cruises.

What is it they say, it is 10 times cheaper to keep an existing customer than get a new one? Sounds like Carnival really sucks in this category. I might mention this to John Heald and see what corporate spin he can put on it, but the fact they dont even sell the FCC's on all ships is just astounding to me.

Sounds like my experience on Disney Cruise Line. The future cruise desk is very popluar the last few days of the cruise, they give a 10% discount if you book onboard, and you dont even have to pick a specific cruise, you can book a placeholder aka "dummy" cruise and then move the date around once you get home and keep your discount. Discounted deposit too, and $200 OBC for 7 day cruises.

What is it they say, it is 10 times cheaper to keep an existing customer than get a new one? Sounds like Carnival really sucks in this category. I might mention this to John Heald and see what corporate spin he can put on it, but the fact they dont even sell the FCC's on all ships is just astounding to me.

Carnival clearly thinks its market is brand new cruisers, and if you dont like it, tough, there is another brand new cruiser who will not know any better to take your place.

Hence the loyalty perks they took away after John promising no perks would be lost... Carnival seems to not care. I dont know what good talking to John would do?? He is a spinner himself.

Carnival clearly thinks its market is brand new cruisers, and if you dont like it, tough, there is another brand new cruiser who will not know any better to take your place.

Hence the loyalty perks they took away after John promising no perks would be lost... Carnival seems to not care. I dont know what good talking to John would do?? He is a spinner himself.

Calm down my friend, I never said it would do any good, I dont believe he has the power to to jack squat, except maybe get you a good table in the MDR. I just wanted to see what spin he would put on it.

Calm down my friend, I never said it would do any good, I dont believe he has the power to to jack squat, except maybe get you a good table in the MDR. I just wanted to see what spin he would put on it.

Odd ??? why tell someone to calm down as if they are not perfectly calm? I merely was stating my opinion to pass the time while I watch the Olympics and playing a few games on my tablet. .. odd??!!!

I guess its just a turn of phrase and how you speak .. ? Must have gotten too excited, have a new dino in my game.

Odd ??? why tell someone to calm down as if they are not perfectly calm? I merely was stating my opinion to pass the time while I watch the Olympics and playing a few games on my tablet. .. odd??!!!

I guess its just a turn of phrase and how you speak .. ? Must have gotten too excited, have a new dino in my game.

I just misread your post then, my apologies. We both agree, Carnival sucks in this category.

CCL probably doesn't fight for our business like the other lines do because their ships sail full every week. They don't feel the need to smooze us. Let's hope they start seeing the error of their ways soon.

I agree that the FCC is a great bennie- Basically $100 free OBC for us on a 7 day.

Archived