NYC Pre Cruise Ideas?

punkincc

We fly into LGA 12:30 9-29 and are staying at the Hilton Times Square. We only have the afternoon and evening as our Bermuda cruise leaves Sunday from Manhattan cruise terminal. Never in NYC before. Any suggestions re tours or dinner which would not be uber expensive? We thought about Central Park or an evening harbor cruise. Any ideas would be appreciated.

We fly into LGA 12:30 9-29 and are staying at the Hilton Times Square. We only have the afternoon and evening as our Bermuda cruise leaves Sunday from Manhattan cruise terminal. Never in NYC before. Any suggestions re tours or dinner which would not be uber expensive? We thought about Central Park or an evening harbor cruise. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would recommend a Circle line cruise .

http://www.circleline42.com/new-york-cruises/cruise-details.aspx?id=4

Since you only have half a day, you might not want to spend the time on any type of water activity because your cruise is leaving from Manhattan and you will sail right pass the NY skyline, into NY Harbor and right passed the Statue of Liberty. Your hotel is in a great location for sightseeing. Don't you want to go to the top of the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock? If I had to chose only one tourist thing in NYC, I would chose this.

There is so, so so much to see and do in NYC. I'd check out a guide book. Fodor's, Rick Steve's Lonely Planet or similar. Interests are so varied and diverse, someone might suggest something and you'd hate it! Look over a guide book and decide what interests you! Subway/bus will bring you pretty much within a block of anything you might want to visit. Enjoy your stay!

Since you don't have much time there, I would not recommend a hop on/off bus tour. You will use up so much of your time just waiting for these buses. You can do everything on your own. I also agree about not doing a water activity since you will be cruising by these sights on Sunday.

However, I would highly recommend the 9/11 Memorial, Top of the Rock or Empire State Building (line for ESB will probably be long later in the day though). You can make a reservation for the Memorial on their website (choose your time).

You can do dinner back in Times Square somewhere and just hang out in that area. Times Square at night is one of my favorite things to see there!!

Archived