First Time Cruiser - Leave in 5 days!!! Help?

bks1982

This is a big family affair! My parents, In-laws, Hubby and bonus kids (stepsons) and our baby (7 months next Monday!). We planned this trip and 2 months later found out we were pregnant with a baby that was supposed to not even be possible! YAY!

I need advice! Youngest DSS is 11 and oldest is 13! I heard something about camps but I think the 13 yr old is too old. Are there things they can do together? I don't want them just running amok on the ship but I also don't want to have to watch them 24/7. We have walkie talkies that they must keep on them at all times...we've also said they can get kicked off the ship for any running or inappropriate behavior. They are always being watched by security cameras.

I'll take any and all advice you're willing to share!

All cruiselines have "kid's clubs" for up to 17 years old...no worries! They may not be in the same "group" (age-wise), but they do have activities for your kids.

There's really not a big need for walkie-talkies...we found that having the kids physically check in with us worked just fine. Of course, you will tell your kids where you'll be so they can find you easily. You'll find that they will gravitate to the same places over and over, so finding each other isn't as hard as you think.

They should NEVER invite anyone into their cabin, or go into anyone else's cabin...EVER!

Common-sense rules will work just fine.

Have a great time- on top of a list of activities for your child's age groups, you'll have a daily list of shipboard activities for all the passengers. We are always busy in some activity or another. In fact, I am sometimes racing from one to another. So they will never be bored.

My son and I do lots of trivia together and other contests when he is not in the youth program. They have poolside games in the afternoon which are pretty hilarious. You'll have a great time. We don't do Bingo- that's pretty boring IMO but we love Trivia, Pictionary and that sort of stuff.

I traveled with a 6 month old and it was great- he never fussed, slept great on the cruise and loved all the excitement and activity.

Archived