Anywhere to get milk for a night-time bottle?

RuxieGirl

Our little one has a sippy cup of milk before bed and we are trying to keep her on as close to a normal schedule as possible while we're away to minimize meltdowns. Is there somewhere in the evenings to get milk besides room service?

This might be pushing it, and she will have to deal if it's not possible, but would there possibly be anywhere to heat up a sippy cup of milk? We can certainly set it in a sink of hot water, or she will have to deal with cold milk. Just curious if there was another option.

Thanks!

(PS, sorry for all the questions, can you tell we're cruising super-soon?!?)

Our little one has a sippy cup of milk before bed and we are trying to keep her on as close to a normal schedule as possible while we're away to minimize meltdowns. Is there somewhere in the evenings to get milk besides room service?

This might be pushing it, and she will have to deal if it's not possible, but would there possibly be anywhere to heat up a sippy cup of milk? We can certainly set it in a sink of hot water, or she will have to deal with cold milk. Just curious if there was another option.

Thanks!

Room service is 24 hours. If cabin has a fridge keep some inventory, can get breakfast time on lido deck.

Thanks!

Most of the ships and cabins have a fridge. What ship are you on?

We are on the Carnival Liberty. Staying in an ocean-view room, nothin' fancy!

Might we have a fridge? I had no idea this could be an option, those rooms look so tiny!

Yup...you have a mini fridge. It will be filled with soda and water to purchase. Have your room steward remove everything and you can put whatever you want in there.:o

We are on the Carnival Liberty. Staying in an ocean-view room, nothin' fancy!

Might we have a fridge? I had no idea this could be an option, those rooms look so tiny!

Yes, you should have a fridge on Liberty. You can also get milk 24 hrs from the dispenser by the 24 hr coffee on the Lido. I would recommend picking it up at breakfast though if you do have a fridge. You may have to ask your room steward to unlock the fridge. We had to. Enjoy!

Yup...you have a mini fridge. It will be filled with soda and water to purchase. Have your room steward remove everything and you can put whatever you want in there.:o

That's so cool! I had no idea. So we can have the fridge cleared out and put the sodas we bring from port into it? Awesome! Oh, and the milk. Hee hee.

I'm so sorry, not to be a doubter, but this information I found doesn't say anything about a fridge. Is this old info, or just left it out?

http://deckplangenius.com/cabin.aspx?stateroom=35670

Here Ruxie...

This is from the CARNIVAL SITE...

Cabin 1275 6B 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper-1 sofabed

View: window

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

Fantastic. Thanks everyone. I actually tried to delete the post about the deckplans, but I can't ever figure out how to delete a post!

You can't. What you can do is to click the red triangle in the upper right corner of your OP to report it. In the comments just write, "duplicate post. please delete" or whatever fits

You can't. What you can do is to click the red triangle in the upper right corner of your OP to report it. In the comments just write, "duplicate post. please delete" or whatever fits

Ah, that's why. I thought I was missing something big. Thanks!

You can go to the lido deck anytime and ask any worker to give you some. We do every cruise.

i was going to say the same thing. i have gone to the lido deck at all hours of the night and have never had a problem getting someone to get me milk. even chocolate milk.

You can go to the lido deck anytime and ask any worker to give you some. We do every cruise.

We did the same on our last cruise. Also, if you get the containers from the buffet in the morning and keep them in the mini fridge they might not keep well. It's just a cooler not a real refrigerator and we had containers that spoiled from morning to night.

Check the temp of the fridge. They seem to be more like coolers. I have never felt one that seemed cold enough to keep milk safe to drink.

We tried placing some chocolate milks in the room fridge at breakfast, but by evening it just didn't feel cold at all and didn't trust it.

We did get milk on the lido when we bumped into our MDR head waiter cleaning up the buffet area around 1 a.m. and he went in back and got us a couple cold milks.

Wow, this is all very helpful. Thank you so much. I had heard that about the fridges being more like coolers. She won't need milk after 8pm or so, so I feel OK that we can get it on the Lido deck and either warm it up in our sink or just give it to her cold. It's not like she's an infant or anything, she's just a very picky 3-year old!

I know this may not be ideal, but our [almost] 3 year old has gone on a couple cruises with us, and we found that Carnival had UHT milk. I was pretty concerned about how this might affect his system, but in the super hot Caribbean islands we visited, I was so thankful I could grab a couple at breakfast and pack them along in my purse! He loved them and drank them without any problems! Something to also consider on your port days if you need them! Have fun! Cruising with little ones is great!

Archived