Radiance Room 1066

Just got upgraded from Grand Suite 1060 (with the incredible balcony) to Owners Suite 1066. Called and they can't change me back!!!! Has anyone been in room 1066? Will I still have a good balcony for Alaska scenery? Will I still have enough drawer space for the 4 of us?

Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks! We have been in a GS for the last 5 cruises (twice on Radiance, twice on Mariner and once on Explorer) so I am just use it. Even though the OS is a bigger room, I was a tad freaked out since it is the unknown and not expected. Hubby is looking forward to it though! I don't want the kids to think this is their new normal on our annual cruises on RCI. But then again, if Hubby likes it a lot, maybe it will be our new normal. :)

Just got upgraded from Grand Suite 1060 (with the incredible balcony) to Owners Suite 1066. Called and they can't change me back!!!! Has anyone been in room 1066? Will I still have a good balcony for Alaska scenery? Will I still have enough drawer space for the 4 of us?

Thanks!!!!!!

Have been in 1066 and you will get a much larger cabin and awesome bathroom with jacuzzi tub and walk in shower.........but you will have a very small balcony. This is due to the pushed out sitting area in the bedroom with the large window.

You will have enough room to sit and enjoy, but it will be no wheres as large as what 1060 has.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks Everyone. The more the day has gone by, the more upset I am about the upgrade though. We are always in a GS and although the OS has a bigger bathroom and the room is bigger, the balcony is way smaller than even a normal GS balcony. And, we don't need anymore space then the GS. I am sure RCI doesn't get many complaints about being upgraded but I really don't want it. Waiting for hubby to get home to discuss further.

Edited by yrlycruiser

Thanks Everyone. The more the day has gone by, the more upset I am about the upgrade though. We are always in a GS and although the OS has a bigger bathroom and the room is bigger, the balcony is way smaller than even a normal GS balcony. And, we don't need anymore space then the GS. I am sure RCI doesn't get many complaints about being upgraded but I really don't want it. Waiting for hubby to get home to discuss further.

You can always ask RCI if they will upgrade the person they assigned to your old room to your current OS and put you back in the original GS. Probably someone was upgraded to it, but even if they were sold it, there's no reason that person can't be "upgraded" or even double upgraded if they got it as an original upgrade from a JS.

Gina

Its all for naught. Hubby LOVES the bigger room and LOVES that there is a large window in the room that goes out to the level of the balcony so if its really cold, we can still have a great view from the comfort of our OS. Looks like we are moving on up thanks to the kind folks at RCI (who I love.) And the kids will just have to realize its a one time thing because of the upgrade :)

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a picture of the balcony on 1066 on Brilliance or Radiance? We are also offered an upgrade from a GS, but will not take it unless two loungers can be put out there.:)

We always call RC and get our upgrade preference changed for a cabin we do not want to be upgraded from on a specific cruise.

And leave the "master" setting to be upgraded.

I know too late now.;)

We have experienced exactly what you are going through, and we dealt with resolutions department. And were able to be " down-graded" so to speak to our original choice

Hope it works out for you, either way both suites are sweet.

Have a great Cruise.:)

Does anyone have a picture of the balcony on 1066 on Brilliance or Radiance? We are also offered an upgrade from a GS, but will not take it unless two loungers can be put out there.:)

I cannot offer you a good picture. However, we sailed on the Radiance out of Seward in GS 1060. It has an enormous balcony Very deep and wide. I would estimate it is twice the size of 1066. There was a dining height table with two chairs as well as two loungers with a small table. There was enough room for the furniture and open space to get around. I don't believe 1066 could handle that much furniture. Probably at most the table with 2 chairs and maybe 1 lounger. Someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Edited by bobinfl

Why didn't you adjust your upgrade preference to no upgrades. On occasion I do not want my cabin changed and make sure to change my settings. You can't be upset with them as they did what your settings implied. Unfortunately they do not have a call me first with the offer choice.

We had the owners suite for three of us and the balcony was just fine. The room is gorgeous, way nicer than the GS.

I cannot offer you a good picture. However, we sailed on the Radiance out of Seward in GS 1060. It has an enormous balcony Very deep and wide. I would estimate it is twice the size of 1066. There was a dining height table with two chairs as well as two loungers with a small table. There was enough room for the furniture and open space to get around. I don't believe 1066 could handle that much furniture. Probably at most the table with 2 chairs and maybe 1 lounger. Someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

I am in GS 1600 right now. Neither 1060 or one of the humps (1556/1554) is available.

Why didn't you adjust your upgrade preference to no upgrades. On occasion I do not want my cabin changed and make sure to change my settings. You can't be upset with them as they did what your settings implied. Unfortunately they do not have a call me first with the offer choice.

We had the owners suite for three of us and the balcony was just fine. The room is gorgeous, way nicer than the GS.

I think it was nice to be offered an upsell - and I only wanted input on how the OS balcony looks like :)