long lasting and waterproof makeup

bowsprit

I discovered (in Walmart, no less!) Hard Candy makes something called "Lash Ink" that is a mascara that lasts for several days. I apply it at night every 3 days. It irritates my eyes a bit at first (my eyes tend to be very sensitive) so it works better if I put it on then go to sleep rather than applying in the morning. I shower every morning and also wash my face each night and does not run or wear off then at all.

It gradually wears off, so after 3 days I apply it again. But it wears off so slowly there is never any sign of it anywhere except on my lashes. Best of all, it only costs about 8 bucks. Great stuff! :)

Although not everyone wants permanent makeup I have been very happy with mine and it solves the problem of dealing with makeup most of the time. I live in Puerto Vallarta and there are a couple of good women who do this here....many of my friends have done it (eyebrows, lip liner & eyeliner)...the lips are very, very sensitive so my gal has a dentist give me Novocaine which make that part painless....have to do touch ups occasionally as it does fade over time....so about every few years I redo one part as maintenance....love that I wake up and only need blusher, mascara and lip gloss and basically always look pretty good....my 2 cents...as I've said not for everyone but for me I'm very happy I did it

I have oily skin and have problems with makeup not fading. For eyeshadow, I like Urban Decay primer potion for the eye lids. I just sorta pat it on and then apply my eye shadow afterwards. It stays on well. For eyebrows, Mac makes a brow wax that I use to sorta set my brows then I take an angled brush and push my brow filler color in(I use a Mac eyeshadow). The wax helps seal in the color, too. For foundation, smash box photo finish face primer with Armani luminous silk foundation set with translucent powder on too has worked well. For less more natural lighter coverage, mineralogie mineral powder foundation is water resistant and feels nice and light on. I use this more often.

I've only tried Maybeline Waterproof Mascara - it does NOT work

What is your top pick for this?????

Benefit's They're Real waterproof mascara stays on very nicely and does not smudge. I've read baby oil removes it, but have yet to try it. I use olive oil then I wash my face with my Purity cleanser. No tugging required, but I do need to lightly massage the oil on my eyes first. Which is actually a good thing. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great for my dry skin.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look on the internet for permanent makeup, you will find that there are people that will tattoo you eyebrows. They look so real. They actually draw individual hairs. The cost is about $450.00, but they last for years. Don't go to a regular tattoo parlor. This is a specialized service as skin care centers or dermatologist.

Archived