A Destiny Review July 23-28

canjay95

Just got back from a fun filled week on the Destiny! There were 11 of us. This was a Christmas present from my parents. We set sail under hot and sunny skies! The kids wasted no time and jumped on the water slide. My 13 year old son hit the BBall court where he proceeded to stay for most of the rest of the trip! We then went to the cabin. We had an outside cabin on deck 1 the riviera. Our cabin did have a flat screen tv, but my parents who had a balcony room had an older non-flat screen tv(if that matters to you). We had five in our cabin. My DH, myself and my three boys (ages 6,10, 13). It was a little cramped, but manageable. Very comfortable beds. The bathroom seemed smaller than what I had on the Triumph a couple of years ago, but maybe I'm not remembering it correctly. We all got dressed and headed to the University dining room. We had the best table near a huge window and the best wait staff. We loved Annamaria and Lukemann. The food was pretty good. The next day was our sea day. The only big complaint I have for this cruise is the Lido Deck restaurant lines. It was soo long every day that we just finally gave up eating in there. There has to be another solution for this problem. My kiddos did enjoy all the ice-cream they could eat for the week! The kids spent this day at the pool. I played Bingo and took a nap!

Elegant night was this night, so we all got dressed up and had tons of pics taken. Dinner was great. We had warm chocolate melting cake almost every night! My kids loved the entertainment every evening in the dining room. I know some people hate this, but all of our little ones loved it.

More to come in a little bit.... I have mounds of laundry to get to!

rsz_1cruise_2012_001.jpg.856c0d4047bbc3507b36a69ff1725636.jpg

rsz_cruise_2012_132.jpg.40f5639d2ebeeecb4282c7236e55daff.jpg

569088826_formalnight.jpg.c19fce46b3be9067ccfbb21623f6e3a1.jpg

We were with you on this cruise. I feel your laundry pain. I had to be at work this morning at 7am and we only got home around 9 last night so the laundry will have to wait until after work. I also hoped to start my review tonight so maybe the laundry will wait one more day. Better yet maybe my daughter will do it for me!!!:p

We had a great time. The kids had an even better time. My son loved Circle C, he is 14. Did any of your boys attend any of the Circle C events? Can't wait to read the rest of our review. Look for mine which I hope to start tonight.

Bonnie:)

We were with you on this cruise. I feel your laundry pain. I had to be at work this morning at 7am and we only got home around 9 last night so the laundry will have to wait until after work. I also hoped to start my review tonight so maybe the laundry will wait one more day. Better yet maybe my daughter will do it for me!!!:p

We had a great time. The kids had an even better time. My son loved Circle C, he is 14. Did any of your boys attend any of the Circle C events? Can't wait to read the rest of our review. Look for mine which I hope to start tonight.

Bonnie:)

My son decided he liked Circle C on the last night of the cruise! He did meet lots of friends which he has already facebook friended:)

Day 3

Day 3 started with Grand Turk. Half of our group snorkeled and the rest of us went to the beach right off the pier and Margaritaville. The water was absolutely gorgeous! My niece said it looked like blue kool-aidJ We swam for a couple of hours and then went over to Margaritaville. The little ones loved the pool. Our snorkelers loved this excursion. They got to pet baby sharks. Everyone was back on board and we sailed away at 2:00. We enjoyed many onboard activities: the all-star karaoke with the house band, name that tune at the piano bar, the Palladium lounge activities, etc…. We loved the newlywed game. Noonan was a pretty hilarious host!

Day 4

This is the day we had looked forward to for 6 months- Half Moon Cay! The weather was beautiful. We rented a cabana and it was totally worth it! We were able to go over on the first tender and had the beach to ourselves (it seemed) for an hour! The water was the prettiest I have ever seen!! It truly looked like a postcard. The cabana came with float mats, snorkeling equipment, 8 sodas, chips/dip, fruit and veggie trays. We had cabana five(right next to the pirate ship bar). The food pavillion was right behind us. The only part of this I didn’t care for was the wait in line for a tender to return. It was soo hot and we waited in line for probably close to an hour.

More to come in a little bit....

843452198_hrwsnorkeling.jpg.61dddbf7a2570d21fbee6b8b3ef7b62c.jpg

312621389_jacksonsnorkeling.jpg.bcb742f9843305bbcdbe54b3b9fd8e1d.jpg

rsz_cruise_2012_048.jpg.6cbe50d47712f9ecf30e0ebd3d700064.jpg

rsz_cruise_2012_083.jpg.86ca4f672454a7805a593d1291de8f52.jpg

rsz_cruise_2012_093.jpg.0b75674e2fd3aa15113fc083075e41ff.jpg

rsz_cruise_2012_096.jpg.e4721d6570d8374f4043246efe18c40b.jpg

Day 5

Day 5 was Nassau day. Hubby and the older kids and sis and her kids went swimming with the dolphins at Blue Lagoon. What an amazing experience!! We had thought we would maybe do Atlantis waterpark when we started planning this cruise but decided with it being summer and all the other cruise ships in port that there wouldn't be enough time with how long the lines would be. Blue Lagoon was wonderful- what an amazing experience for all. We went to the straw market. It was just how I remembered it...hot and crowded! We made it down two aisles before everyone was ready to leave. Back on board and we were delayed leaving due to 20 or so passengers who failed to return on time. We pulled out at 4:40. After crab cakes in the dining room (my favorite), we went to the farewell show and got packed up! Did self-disembark and we were in the car and on the way home by 8:30. Loved this cruise and my family can't wait to go on another one. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

740762880_harrisondolphin.jpg.a61fdaf459afbc19c13d150616de32c5.jpg

702954882_jacksondolphin.jpg.ef6613e84549852ef2e34b874f6a0c1e.jpg

I love, love, LOVE that dress in picture #3! I've talked to DH about taking a cruise that includes HMC. Maybe in 2015....

Speaking of WCMC, I was missing it so bad I made individual lava cakes on Sunday night. DH's eyes rolled back into his head after the first bite and then he asked if it was time to pack for our cruise! :D

Thank you! I believe I got the dress at TJ Maxx:) I don't even want to know how many calories the WCMC has!!!

How was the ship? Are things in good shape? On sea day, was there enough to do or did you find yourself bored to death? What movies did they play at night on the Lido deck? How was the ship traffic at night, do you see other ships out there?

Thank You for your review! We cruise on the Destiny in 10 Days! Yay!!! Your underwater camera takes Great Photos..what do you have and for how many ft under water is it?

It is my sister's I will ask her and get back to you

How was the ship? Are things in good shape? On sea day, was there enough to do or did you find yourself bored to death? What movies did they play at night on the Lido deck? How was the ship traffic at night, do you see other ships out there?

The ship was in okay shape- definitely is ready for the make-over it will be getting. I found that there were things to do but not a ton of things. They showed Enchanted and Toy Story and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Hoosiers. They had a theme. One night the movies were chick flicks, the next sports movies, then kids,etc.....The only time I saw other ships was the night we left Nassau.

Thank You for your review! We cruise on the Destiny in 10 Days! Yay!!! Your underwater camera takes Great Photos..what do you have and for how many ft under water is it?

It is a canon power shot. Underwater up to 30 feet. Shockproof to 10 feet if u drop it. Freeze proof down to 20 degrees.

Did your entire group of 11 sit at a table together in the MDR?

Yes we did. It was a table for 10 and they pulled up a chair at the end of the table. We didn't ask for this; that was just the way it was set-up when we got there.

Archived