Booking one in a Room

berries999

*sigh* i hate it when ppl who don't know chime in and give misinformation. Then when corrected stays mute. Please if you don't know don't respond.

If there is only 1 person in the room they do NOT pay double the deposit. Just (1) deposit. They will pay double the cruise fare because Carnival's rate is based on double occupancy.

Sorry to add a bit more muddy water on this topic, but there IS a somewhat new change brewing at Carnival that will take place later this month (8/20/12)

And it, once again, can be perceived as a Total Screw to their solo/single passengers making bookings on their product.

All solo passengers will initially have to pay for two deposits immediately. Which means for those who book Early Saver and then have to potentially cancel, there is no longer only the loss of one deposit amount . . . but now two.

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/SingleOccupancyDeposit_FAQ.pdf

Sorry to add a bit more muddy water on this topic, but there IS a somewhat new change brewing at Carnival that will take place later this month (8/20/12)

And it, once again, can be perceived as a Total Screw to their solo/single passengers making bookings on their product.

All solo passengers will initially have to pay for two deposits immediately. Which means for those who book Early Saver and then have to potentially cancel, there is no longer only the loss of one deposit amount . . . but now two.

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/SingleOccupancyDeposit_FAQ.pdf

Now, that is really maddening.:mad: Will be checking other lines for sure. The rational was stupid.

If a ship has reached lifeboat capacity with 4 or 5 cruisers in some rooms and singles in others they will not allow another person to book. This jsut happened to someone recently and was posted on CC.

hmm Don, this is new...haven't been briefed on this one.:confused: I'll ask my supervisor. Normally we find out months in advance of changes. Thanks for the heads up.

Now, that is really maddening.:mad: Will be checking other lines for sure. The rational was stupid.

If a ship has reached lifeboat capacity with 4 or 5 cruisers in some rooms and singles in others they will not allow another person to book. This jsut happened to someone recently and was posted on CC.

I want to do a Solo cruise in January-I do not intend on EVER adding another person to my booking, and hate that they would imply that I would WANT to!

I suppose if you booked through a trusted PVP or TA and convince them of your intention to keep the booking As Is, they may drop the additional rate. One can only hope!

*sigh* i hate it when ppl who don't know chime in and give misinformation. Then when corrected stays mute. Please if you don't know don't respond.

If there is only 1 person in the room they do NOT pay double the deposit. Just (1) deposit. They will pay double the cruise fare because Carnival's rate is based on double occupancy.

I agree Krystal - way too many folks giving opinions not facts.......

I agree Krystal - way too many folks giving opinions not facts.......

Its also obvious that booking agents didnt know the policy as I see several posters who said they were already paying two deposits for solos, when it wasnt necessary... so I think agents dont know the policys themselves.. not just the posters here who were told incorrectly by their own booking agents.

So, for some this wouldnt be a change.

just got my brief and it's amazing how things in end up here before they are even announced to the employees.:eek:

Yep, Don is correct. Effective August 30th any bookings made on this date and after will have to pay 200% for the deposit!:mad::eek: That sucks!

Its also obvious that booking agents didnt know the policy as I see several posters who said they were already paying two deposits for solos, when it wasnt necessary... so I think agents dont know the policys themselves.. not just the posters here who were told incorrectly by their own booking agents.

So, for some this wouldnt be a change.

don't know why they would be paying 200% already when the computer will not indicate as such. Won't update until August 30th. But to each his own.

don't know why they would be paying 200% already when the computer will not indicate as such. Won't update until August 30th. But to each his own.

You read the posts earlier .. Its not me, I was only paying one deposit.. but I saw one post where they posted their FIL always paid double deposits and at least one or two others.

I knew the policy .. you knew it .. but obviously other posters on this thread were posting the incorrect info.. which will become the correct info with the new policy :) .. they were just ahead of the change.

I have done this on my 3 previous cruises and the 3 I'm doing in future.The 7 day require 250 and the 5 day 200 deposits.Once you have booked the 2nd person gets the same rate then when you add 2nd you just have to make sure that you add the dep if you haven't paid that much toward the cruise.The price will only go up the tax and port fee charge.Yes there is a concern if boat fills to capacity but that is rare and just add person b4 final payment and you shouldn't have a problem.

What if you are paid in full for a solo cruise, and after final payment date a friend decides they may want to go with you. Can you add that person(I can tell that the ship is not near full) and just pay the $60 in fees? This is on the Fascination. Thanks.

What if you are paid in full for a solo cruise, and after final payment date a friend decides they may want to go with you. Can you add that person(I can tell that the ship is not near full) and just pay the $60 in fees? This is on the Fascination. Thanks.

As long as the ship isnt at capacity ..and it can be at capacity and your muster boat full, even if not every cabin is sold out.

The answer is probably, sure you can.

... but obviously other posters on this thread were posting the incorrect info.. which will become the correct info with the new policy :) .. they were just ahead of the change.

As totally odd as that initially reads . . .

I think you summed it up perfectly. :D

don.. I cant believe they changed the policy to two deposits.

that stinks.

I have always paid ONE DEPOSIT. I see some saying they were already paying two deposits when they didnt have to... what a mix up.

Firefly, could you please bring some sanity to the thread on WHY solos want to pay only one deposit and the rest over months. I can't understand people saying "you pay it anyway"!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived