OBC and Lattitude Levels Changed

I just spoke with a rep from NCL who told me that effective 4/1/12 the OBC that was awarded to those who moved up a tier in the lattitudes program was discontinued.

Back in January 2012, when all of the changes to the program were taking effect, there was a lot of talk about whether this benefit would stay or go. I was able to get the OBC for my husband who went from Silver to Gold applied to our June 2012 sailing. I was not successful in getting it for myself going from Gold to Platinumafter completing my June 2012 cruise for my upcoming August sailing because as I mentinoed above, the rep said this "promotion as it was not a benefit" ended 4/1/12.

Was wondering what the CC community knows about the 4/1/12 change and what your experiences have been with succeeding or failing to get the OBC benefit this year.

We turned platinum after our May 27, 2012 cruise and were told the same thing when I asked about the move-up OBC...it was discontinued effective April 1, 2012. We haven't received anything for turning Platinum (except we can see it on MyNCL) so I guess even the "gifts" are a thing of the past. We are however looking forward to enjoying the platinum benefits during our cruises.:)

We turned platinum after our May 27, 2012 cruise and were told the same thing when I asked about the move-up OBC...it was discontinued effective April 1, 2012. We haven't received anything for turning Platinum (except we can see it on MyNCL) so I guess even the "gifts" are a thing of the past. We are however looking forward to enjoying the platinum benefits during our cruises.:)

I agree, am looking forward to the Platinum benefits, especially next year on The Breakaway as I did not book a suite, thought they were way toooo expensive, but knowing we have concierge services made the non-suite a non-issue for us.

Funny, I was told the OBC for tier moving were eliminated in January 2012 when I contacted them, but after speaking with several different reps, finally spoke with a supervisor who did apply it to our account for our June sailing. Never really sure with NCL reps as different reps say different things.

I agree, am looking forward to the Platinum benefits, especially next year on The Breakaway as I did not book a suite, thought they were way toooo expensive, but knowing we have concierge services made the non-suite a non-issue for us.

Funny, I was told the OBC for tier moving were eliminated in January 2012 when I contacted them, but after speaking with several different reps, finally spoke with a supervisor who did apply it to our account for our June sailing. Never really sure with NCL reps as different reps say different things.

I didn't even know that a move up OBC existed! How much is a move up OBC?

LOVE your screen name!!!:D

I didn't even know that a move up OBC existed! How much is a move up OBC?

LOVE your screen name!!!:D

Move up OBC is gone. It was good while it lasted :) I got my $250 for booking suite after moving from silver to gold but dh missed out. We're both platinum now and will enjoy the platinum perks.

I got an email from NCL in May after I moved up levels that I would get onboard credit if I booked again within 12wks. I did and have OBC on my Oct cruise.

Well May was certainly after April 1st! I suspect some people get it and some do not. When I originally spoke with the rep she said that my account had $100 in it but it had to be booked in 60 days. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and then she said no it was used last April. Then she put me on hold another 15 minutes and told me about it being eliminated effective 4/1/12. I was on the phone for 45 minutes and got 3 different answers. What's up with that?:confused:

I got an email from NCL in May after I moved up levels that I would get onboard credit if I booked again within 12wks. I did and have OBC on my Oct cruise.

I see you are from the UK. I think your Latitude benefits are different than ours in the USA. I was under the impression (from reading CC) that you get Latitude OBC for every cruise you book. Did I misunderstand that?:confused:

I see you are from the UK. I think your Latitude benefits are different than ours in the USA. I was under the impression (from reading CC) that you get Latitude OBC for every cruise you book. Did I misunderstand that?:confused:

Only on special cruises or when you level up..

I was aware that particular promotion was at an end in April. I did manage (thanks to the boards here) to catch it before it disappeared. I was planning on booking two particular cruises (the ones remaining in my countdown) so I was able to apply one for each (my dh and myself) to each cruise....I booked these very far in advance. I got $150 each for moving from silver to gold (maybe bronze to silver...I forget)

The promotion was discontinued, it seems, when NCL decided to revamp the Latitudes System...and the changes they made were pretty generous, so although I am again moving up a tier, I won't miss that OBC this time because the other perks are very nice. NCL is making it easier to move up tiers now, than it was previously.

I am sorry you missed out on that money though....:(

I was aware that particular promotion was at an end in April. I did manage (thanks to the boards here) to catch it before it disappeared. I was planning on booking two particular cruises (the ones remaining in my countdown) so I was able to apply one for each (my dh and myself) to each cruise....I booked these very far in advance. I got $150 each for moving from silver to gold (maybe bronze to silver...I forget)

The promotion was discontinued, it seems, when NCL decided to revamp the Latitudes System...and the changes they made were pretty generous, so although I am again moving up a tier, I won't miss that OBC this time because the other perks are very nice. NCL is making it easier to move up tiers now, than it was previously.

I am sorry you missed out on that money though....:(

I do not remember reading about the upcoming change in April, but good to know it was talked about here on CC, as I do rely so much on the info I get here.

And yes the OBC would have been nice (especially since it would have been my last one) but do absolutely agree that the perks are so very nice and far outweigh the dollar amounts awarded. I think NCL treats their repeat customers very well indeed.

We never used ours because there was no way we could book another cruise in the short time it was valid. And since only one was good for a cabin, even though both my DH and myself moved up, there was really no incentive to try and beat the deadline.

Archived