Diff in price when buying in UK compared to US.

HappyChappy

Hi everyone.

We are looking to sail next summer on a Carnival Cruise from New York and when we look in the Carnival.com (american) website the price comes up in dollars and is considerable less than the £ equivalent in .co.uk site.

Then when we go through to the booking stage and put our country of residence in the price jumps almost $300.

Can anyone confirm why this happens and is it possible for someone from the UK to book over the .com site without being ripped off.

Its bad enough that we have to pay around £600 in airfare without being shafted over a stateroom price too.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

What does the fare quoted include?

US prices do not include taxes or gratuities.

US citizens cannot walk up and buy Olympic tickets

http://www.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/article/thousands_of_tickets_just_not_for_americans/11353108

We cruised with a UK gal who booked thru vaca***** t* g*

Try one of the TA sites that you can click thru and book online (not one you have to call to book).

You can book that way in U.S. dollars.

We cannot name TA sites or I would tell you some where you can click thru and book online. easiest.

You can book in the US from the uk the way we have done it is to use carnival international reservations this is done via email but no probs.

I can give email address if needed.

i didnt know this! we have never booked directly with carnival before only through an agent and it cost way more than anticipated .. could u message me this address :) please?

i didnt know this! we have never booked directly with carnival before only through an agent and it cost way more than anticipated .. could u message me this address :) please?

It does take a couple of emails to actually book a cruise but it does work the email address is:-

Internationalreservations@carnival.com

You can also call Carnival in the USA and make the booking directly with them. Worked out great for me! If I'm ready to make a booking, I want to do it at that moment, not through several e-mails where it takes some time to receive an answer.

If you're interested I can give you the phone number for international reservations... Just let me know!

Archived