Aruba - Countryside Horseback Ride

cbreit

I did a horseback riding tour in Aruba, but I don't think it was the "countryside" tour. I looked at all the horseback riding tours and finally chose the one that went to the natural pool in Aruba.

I am probably the worst person ever on a horse, but the tour made me feel comfortable after I decided to just relax. The guide(s) kind of pushed me beyond my comfort level so I could keep up with the group, and I'm glad he did. I chose Rancho D'mario (or something like that), because they were one of the few (only?) that could take you by horse to the natural pool in the National Park.

Everybody enjoyed it, though some thought I didn't, because I was screaming for most of the tour, but I learned more on this tour about me and riding horses than I've learned on my past attempts of riding horses.

I think there's a "golden" ranch horseback riding tour, but I always prefer tour providers who have access to national parks. I feel they're more vetted than ones that haven't met the national park requirements.

Archived