How long

We are looking into booking a cruise and while the price is good how long would you wait to book?? This particular cruise isn't up to final payment yet. If we wait maybe other cabins would become available at a lower price. Do I gamble and wait or take the guarantee cabin that is available now at a really good price?? What would you do??

Thanks,

Carol

Depends on what you want. We always book early for a 7 night cruise so we get the cabin we want. On 3 night cruises, we will sometimes book early and sometimes book at the last minute as cabin choice is not as big a deal as it is on 7 night cruises.

But I will say as an example - I am doing Enchantment on the first cruise out of PC next April. We booked as soon as the itins came out. Now, all balconies except suites are gone. So booking early was HUGE!!!

Another example - booked Jewel for a B2B next April, both weeks have gone up $100 pp since we booked.

Trying to get a cruise (or most things) at the lowest possible price is a game that you will usually lose. Find a price that you are happy with and book there. If it goes lower, at some point after final payment, at least you should be happy with the price you originally paid.

Hi,

I for sure do not have suggestions for you, but will give you an example of some prices of a cruise that I am interested in:

Vision for Dec 3, 2012.

Cat D1 was priced 1379 on 1-6-12 today 2449 p/p

Cat L was priced 1009 on 1-6-12 , today 799 or 699 for military.

And that is 4 months to go.

Whatever is in demand will go up and what is not will come down.

Trying to get a cruise (or most things) at the lowest possible price is a game that you will usually lose. Find a price that you are happy with and book there. If it goes lower, at some point after final payment, at least you should be happy with the price you originally paid.

I agree. As the OP stated, a really good price. If you think it is a really good price, then book it before it goes up!!

I do not mind a gamble so I would book the guarantee now, you may not get a lower price and if you wait there is a better chance that all the guarantee cabins will be gone. If you are particular about where your stateroom is that may not be the best option for you.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts:) We booked the Jewel repo for 10/28/12 yesterday. Great price and good air price too!! I just couldn't resist the "bargain". I'll be anxious to see what cabin we get since it is an oceanview guarantee.

Carol

Archived