Sitting with your families in the dining room

Universe93B

This is the first time we'll be going with this many family members on a cruise! (Glory to Canada on Aug 20).

Are there tables where all 8 of us could sit together at late-time dining? We would prefer to sit together and not with any other families since we never get to see each other.

Should I try to email the Glory miatre'd with this request? I heard they don't always email back. Our reservations are linked together on the website and by phone.

This is the first time we'll be going with this many family members on a cruise! (Glory to Canada on Aug 20).

Are there tables where all 8 of us could sit together at late-time dining? We would prefer to sit together and not with any other families since we never get to see each other.

Should I try to email the Glory miatre'd with this request? I heard they don't always email back. Our reservations are linked together on the website and by phone.

I think if they're linked, you're fine. I've never done it, but if you guys don't have the same table, go see the Maitre'd as soon as possible in the Golden/Platinum Dining Room. I believe he's there at 1:00pm.

If you are linked, they should put you all together. Usually at worst they might give you two tables next to each other if they cant acommodate you. There are quite a few 10 tops.. but not a lot of 8 tops unless they push two tables together.

Since you dont fill up a 10 top.. its hard to say where you will be put.. but chances are you will be together or next to each other.

Make sure your bookings are linked with Carnival through your booking numbers and you will be fine. We had 15 on our Freedom cruise and we were seated at 2 tables for 8 next to each other. We have had a large group on the Glory too and had no problems being seated at one table.

Are there tables where all 8 of us could sit together at late-time dining?

As has already been said, as long as your bookings are linked you should be fine. Once everyone gets their S&S card, you will know then if there is a problem, since each person's dining room and table # will be on their card. If there is an issue (we've had a couple), take it up with the Maitre'D on board. We've found them to be very accommodating.

As has already been said, as long as your bookings are linked you should be fine. Once everyone gets their S&S card, you will know then if there is a problem, since each person's dining room and table # will be on their card. If there is an issue (we've had a couple), take it up with the Maitre'D on board. We've found them to be very accommodating.

That's good to know. I'll have 7 total in my group and I used to be able to see that our bookings were linked online but since Carnival changed their website, I can't see that the bookings are still linked together still.

Basically, I look for things to worry about.

I have been at tables for 8 before, so yes they do exist. As others say, make sure the bookings are linked and an email to the maitre'd wouldnt hurt either. On boarding day, you can usually go to the dining room around 1.30pm or so, to check your table. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Triple check to make sure all are linked. Last cruise our family of 3 cruised with my sisters family of 3 and my brothers family of 3. All linked for early, a table for 9. Upon boarding a snafu occured where us 3 had anytime scheduled????. Maitr'e D was unable to change us, so we ate apart. We were told no room for early for us, but the other 6 could go anytime but did not want to.

It eneded up working fine, as my siblings like MDR and we prefer buffet, but still not enjoying meals together was a bit sad.

On Princess the 8 and 10 tops are the same table. The HW has his staff add a segment to convert to a 10 top. I suspect Carnival is the same.

BTW: The 10 top was too large to engage everyone in a conversation.

Archived