Just back from Dream

hawaii6o

This is just my opinion of our cruise, others may think differently.

Just back from the Dream July 28- Aug 4th. Had a great time. After all the negative posts about the Dream, we went with low expectations. The cruise was better than I thought it was going to be. Our first time cruisers that were with us were happy with the Dream.

We had 2 balcony cabins and an interior on the vista deck forward 9252 9256 and I dont remember the interior number but it was right across the hall. Loved the location. Our cabin steward, Kate was great. She was so nice!!! We all wanted to bring her home with us!!!

Not going to do a full review now, but just wanted to let people know that we had a great time. Crew was great, they were all pleasant. Food was good, not great but not bad. Entertainment was not that great, but we enjoyed everything we did. Always found chairs on deck 5. Usually got 5 chairs in a row with no problem. Lines were not as bad as I thought they were going to be. Kids on board were not a problem. Saw the kids clubs and they were busy, looked like they were all having a great time. My niece went to Circle C and met some girls and hung out with them all week. My daughter 16, didnt go to the teen club, but it was busy in there also.

Did the eastern itinerary

Nassau- just walked around town, others in our group went to Atlantis. Nassau is very unorganized to get back onto the ship. JMO

St Thomas- was a cloudy day. went to Sapphire Beach on our own. We were not impressed with it. The resort was pretty run down looking and the beach wasnt that great. But in all fairness, there were rough seas the night before so that might be the reason for all the seaweed

St Maarten- Went to Orient Beach on our own. Great Beach, a bit crowded but we are from New Jersey and Delawere so we are used to crowded beaches. It is very organized at the port and easy to get a cab.

Any questions feel free to ask.

We were on the same cruise. This was my 4th cruise with Carnival. We had fun but the service is going down. We did the Steakhouse the first night of the cruise. It was great. I which we would of done it the last night because I kept comparing the Steakhouse service to the MDR service. The MDR service was not good. I ordered a cake for the second night at the MDR for my daughter. The cake did not come. I had to talk to someone the next day in the MDR to make sure they would bring it that night. They did. I seemed like we had to wait 20 minutes after courses to get our next course. The waiter was very unorganized. The food was ok. Up at the swimming pool on the Lido deck, we were asked every 30 seconds if we wanted a drink. Some waiters would not take no the first time. I had to tell on waiter to go away because he kept telling me I do want a drink. I could go on. I am going to try RC next year.

We were on the same cruise. This was my 4th cruise with Carnival. We had fun but the service is going down. We did the Steakhouse the first night of the cruise. It was great. I which we would of done it the last night because I kept comparing the Steakhouse service to the MDR service. The MDR service was not good. I ordered a cake for the second night at the MDR for my daughter. The cake did not come. I had to talk to someone the next day in the MDR to make sure they would bring it that night. They did. I seemed like we had to wait 20 minutes after courses to get our next course. The waiter was very unorganized. The food was ok. Up at the swimming pool on the Lido deck, we were asked every 30 seconds if we wanted a drink. Some waiters would not take no the first time. I had to tell on waiter to go away because he kept telling me I do want a drink. I could go on. I am going to try RC next year.

Wow, same cruise different experience.... who would have thought that. Sorry, not flaming, just wish I heard better things. Will be on her in 3 months...

OP glad you had a good time! We are the glass half full type.

Doing our first one on the Dream next month.

Will you do a review? We have sailed Dream 4x and have really enjoyed our cruises. I know if you do a review it will be how you felt. Are you going to the Steakhouse on this cruise?

I am confirmed for four nights at Steakhouse would like to hear about that more.

How was Punchliners comedy?

How were the lunch buffets taking away the fast food type foods did you find there was a decent selection of hot meat entree's and veggies there?

Anything else besides room service, pizza and calzones to eat past 11pm?

How was disembarkation did you do self walk off or not and which deck were you on and time you actually got off the ship?

Was there a band playing till the wee hours in the night how was it?

Was the ship pretty stable?

Im so glad you had a good time and better than you expected!

Glad to hear you had a good time .

What time did you go out on deck 5 in the mornings to get chairs together? Was this early in the morning or later on ?

We were never out early, I would say around 11:00 am. I think we may have gotten 3 together one day, never had a problem on deck 5. they have a shower next to the hot tub that we used to get cooled off instead of walking all the way to the pool. You should be fine getting a chair on deck 5

what dining room were you in? we had 8:15 in the crimson. Our service was slow, mainly drinks. We were with all the parties of 8 or more so it seemed to take longer than the smaller tables. We didnt sit on the lido deck, we were on deck 5, so we didnt have anyone asking us about drinks. I like RC also. This was our first on carnival since the late 80's.

I am confirmed for four nights at Steakhouse would like to hear about that more.

we didnt do the steakhouse

How was Punchliners comedy?

we went to one of the adult comedy shows, we didnt care for it. I have been on other cruise lines and they were much better. Dont like Jeff the fun dude, he is not funny, JMO

How were the lunch buffets taking away the fast food type foods did you find there was a decent selection of hot meat entree's and veggies there?

each day they had a different theme at the buffet for lunch. I know they had a salad area and I saw a burrito bar. I know they had chicken one day that was pretty good. I am not a veggie eater so I dont know if there were any, I think there were but not sure

Anything else besides room service, pizza and calzones to eat past 11pm?

Not much other than the pizza and room service. Sometimes the Deli was open and the grill but I think it closed by 11 or 12 at the latest

How was disembarkation did you do self walk off or not and which deck were you on and time you actually got off the ship?

we didnt do self walk off. we were on deck 9. vista deck. Our time was 9:30. dont know if they go by floor or by the time of your flight. We didnt have to be back to orlando for our flight until 7:30 pm. disembarkation was fine, no problems.

Was there a band playing till the wee hours in the night how was it?

there was the Blackjack Band, dont know how long they played, also there was a guy and a girl singing in the atrium alot. They were pretty good.

Was the ship pretty stable?

I had no problems with the motion. One night it was kind of rough but there was bad weather in St Martin and St Thomas while we were at our day at sea so that might be why it was so rocky.

Im so glad you had a good time and better than you expected!

Thank you, we did have a good time. I was just happy that the first time cruisers had a good time. I was worried that they wouldnt like it. We were all kind of go with the flow type people so the little things didnt really bother us.

Hope you have a great cruise

We were never out early, I would say around 11:00 am. I think we may have gotten 3 together one day, never had a problem on deck 5. they have a shower next to the hot tub that we used to get cooled off instead of walking all the way to the pool. You should be fine getting a chair on deck 5

That's great, thanks for the info . I think I would prefer cooling off with a shower than the pool anyway.

Thanks for sharing. We are booked on the Dream this October and are counting down the days! Good to hear some more positive reviews of the Dream of late.

Hi, I am also on that Dream cruise. Don't forget the meet and great at the piano bar. Look forward to meeting you.

I love Aussies have a mini Aussie myself.

They are aussome dogs arent they? Mine are the standard size, but are small for being standard, they are females about 18 inches. We do agility and love it!!!! is your aussie a merle?

I have heard that the MDR was SLOOOWWWW.... how as your experience?

We are in a cove balcony, how are the elevators?

We were in a cove on Dream in 2010. Didn't find the MDR to be any slower than any of our other cruises, but we do late dining and enjoy a longer dinner so we can catch up on the day with our friends over a few bottles of wine.

Cove location was great. It's one deck below the atrium, so we always took the stairs to get to the dining room; super convenient. Then on port days, it's one convenient flight down. Elevators were never really a problem for us (and we were cruising in June, so the ship was definitely full). They can be slow at times, but it seems like on Dream there were more elevator banks than our other cruises on RC. Those elevators were very slow, but it was expected.

We're cruising on Dream again in June. Cant's wait!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived