Super Bowl in the Caribbean

timgram

My husband and I will be sailing on the Riviera in February. We will be enjoying a day at sea on Sunday, February 3rd- Super Bowl Sunday. What would be the liklihood of getting the game televised on the ship when we're somewhere between Miami and the British Virgin Islands? I'm not suggesting I want to subject everyone to this with a big screen poolside, but having the feed available for those who are interested would be great.

On a couple of past cruises there were terrific Super Bowl parties complete with bar food, big screen and a football betting pool. Am sure you will be able to enjoy the game. They also had it available in the rooms on one of the television stations.

We have had it on some of our cruise but I think we were in port at the time ..not sure if they can get a good feed when at sea

One cruise we did have the sound portion but not the picture feed

We were on an Auckland-Sydney cruise when the Giants won a few years ago and while there weren't any Super Bowl parties that I was aware of, the ship did tape the game and it was available on the in-room TV.

No commercials though ... which can be a plus depending on your attitude about the Super Bowl commercials, I suppose!

Mura

We were on The Crystal Symphony last Superbowl on the waybto Miami from the Caribbean, and before that for the NCAA college football championships and both were shown on big screens. I would assume that Oceania would do the same. All that is required is a signal from the satellite. The only thing that is not shown are the commercials.

Archived