Brief Review of Dawn Princess- Southern Caribbean

cruiseapril

Last month, with two of my family members, I enjoyed the Southern Caribbean Medley cruise on the Dawn Princess. Between the three of us, we took 9 Princess shore excursions! This may seem like alot to some, but it was just right for us. We did "Curacao Highlights"; "La Restinga Lagoon" on Isla Margarita; "Island Tour and Francia House" (two of us), "4WD Safari & Monkey Encounter" (my daughter), "Photo Adventure Tour" (my daughter) on Barbados; "Rain Forest Aerial Tram" (my daughter) and "Layou Valley Scenic Drive" in Dominica, "Kayaking and Snorkeling" (my daughter) and "Magen's Bay Beach Getaway" on St. Thomas.

Excursions were obviously a BIG part of our cruise! We enjoyed all of our excursions, but I do have to say that many people on the excursions were not prepared for the heat and seemed uncomfortable. It was warm, but we like warm.

As to the Ship and Services- we were pleased and also lucky. We had a very well trained and personable steward, most of the wait staff were gracious, our room was very clean and comfortable, however, we wished that the bathroom was a bit bigger. Even so, it was always spotless with fluffy towels and plenty of soap, shampoo etc.

The Dawn's size and decor compared well to the QEII, which my sister and I had been on in the past. We especially liked the Dawn's Personal Choice Dining Room and the option of the Sterling Steak House. The food suited us, because we are all seafood lovers (from New England.) We tried a few beef dishes and I had poultry selections. We had shrimp cocktail and salads every evening and some prime desserts. Yum. We tried the Afternoon Tea and went to the Wine Tasting, which was quite an experience! There were so many activities listed every day- so we were busy, busy with so many excursions and so many choices- so all three of us tried different activities to compare.

Embarkation went well for us, because we were early because of our hotel shuttle, and Disembarkation was orderly-we made our connections easily. There is so much to say about this cruise, but this is a "brief" review, so I'll close now and welcome any questions. cruiseapril

Thanks for bringing back great memories. We loved our time on Dawn. I'm so glad to hear she's still the fabulous ship we remember.

Thanks for taking the time to share your terrific cruise with us.

Kathy

Yes, the Dawn experience was very good for our group- we are planning to go on the Eastern Caribbean Voyager on the Sun next and we are looking at the 14 day Caribbean cruises on Princess, also. The itineraries look interesting. I lived on the island of Curacao for two years, so the Caribbean draws me!

cruiseapril

Archived