any advantage to booking on board?

irish2005

Firefly, can you explain this:

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

...same future ship and sail date as the host...

If I buy it am I the host?

Does that mean if I buy a cruise for 7 days for 2 and I give the voucher to my friend, my friend has to take me?

Another, geesh! Who writes this stuff!:eek:

Firefly, can you explain this:

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

...same future ship and sail date as the host...

If I buy it am I the host?

Does that mean if I buy a cruise for 7 days for 2 and I give the voucher to my friend, my friend has to take me?

Another, geesh! Who writes this stuff!:eek:

Yes you are the host and no your friend doesn't have to take you. But they do have to sail on the exact same cruise, same date, same ship as you. They will get the same on board credit that you got too.

In my opinion unless you are specifically planning to give those 2 certificates to someone, then just buy an FCC instead. It is much easier and a lot less hassle! I have done both, and I ONLY book onboard if I intend to actually use those family & friends certificates, otherwise I just buy my own FCC, and book when I get home.

It means that your friend you give it to has 60 days to book, and has to book the exact same cruise you booked.

Its for people who want to book multiple cabins. If you only want to book one cabin, then its better to buy the FCC and bring it home to use when you are ready.

One FCC per cabin.

Yes you are the host, you bought the FCC originally and booked a particular cruise onboard.

Just rewording the above, in case it needs clarifying.

We did an onboard booking on the Magic back in November..I did mine first night , no problem.My daughter did hers last night, big mistake, took 2 hours. The only advantage is the friends and family voucher.....I wish I had not done it now , as I am teed about the new Faster to Fun garbage plan.....RCCL here we come..

Archived