Just off Allure - a few comments and photos

CCJack

beautiful pictures we will in cabin 8280 are we on the same deck as the chops grill and central park?

Yep.

Best deck on the ship. In addition to CP, there are no inside cabins across the hall from you because of the CP restaurants.

Wow, beautiful photos! We will be on the Allure in 2 weeks, Western like you, we are SO excited!! One question, I heard that breakfast and lunch (light/healthy fare) at the Vitality Spa was free, but on a Cruise Compass someone posted it shows Vitality with ($) next to it. That means it has a fee, do you know if that just means the smoothies and other drinks have a cost, was the food free? Thanks and glad you had a great cruise :D

It's been about a year since I was on the Allure but, if I remember correctly they had some food that was free and some that had a fee. It is a walk-up food case and stand. They had yogurt parfaits, granola bars, fresh fruit..... Most of the food was free. I am sailing on the Allure this week :D ....Ill try to take a picture of the food and the menu there and post it when I return.

We just completed our first cruise, which was on Majesty. Now we want to experience Royal’s biggest ship in the fleet too.

Since we will need several cabins, it's a good tip to get both ocean and boardwalk views. How did you choose your cabins and deck location? How far in advance did you pick them? I was surprise to see how limited my selection is for Feb 2013.

I am not going until March, but I am very excited now! Thanks for the info - makes it less stressfull to know some info ahead of time.

We have an aqua suite on 9 and hope to see the water shows from there.

I am not going until March, but I am very excited now! Thanks for the info - makes it less stressfull to know some info ahead of time.

We have an aqua suite on 9 and hope to see the water shows from there.

Aqua Suite .... WOW!

Steve, on our roll call had one of those, deck 9, and he invited us to it for the sail away. The balcony could hold 30 to 40 people comfortably. Unreal.

Take a look at this picture, upper right, the Roll Tide banner was the deck 9 AS that we were on for the sail away, just an incredible suite.

_DSC0149.jpg?t=1341335010

Canon rebel T3. It is not an expensive camera, I have been pleased with it. All my photos are with the lens that comes with the camera. Daytime shots are all on auto (point and shoot) mode. Nighttime shots a little more tricky. I like to use long shutter speeds like 2 or 3 seconds. I didn't have my tripod so you need to set your camera on something like a railing or the wooden horse or something. The long shutter brings out the motion of the carousel and also the blue hue of the overhead boardwalk shot.

We just completed our first cruise, which was on Majesty. Now we want to experience Royal’s biggest ship in the fleet too.

Since we will need several cabins, it's a good tip to get both ocean and boardwalk views. How did you choose your cabins and deck location? How far in advance did you pick them? I was surprise to see how limited my selection is for Feb 2013.

I'll bet you would enjoy that. I loved Allure, but would jump back on Majesty in a heartbeat.

It's been about a year since I was on the Allure but, if I remember correctly they had some food that was free and some that had a fee. It is a walk-up food case and stand. They had yogurt parfaits, granola bars, fresh fruit..... Most of the food was free. I am sailing on the Allure this week :D ....Ill try to take a picture of the food and the menu there and post it when I return.

Thanks for the info!!! It would be GREAT if you could post the menu and of course food pics :D Have a great cruise, just 2 weeks for us!!

Archived