Just home

wmmerritt

I also have a question - did the ship switch to local time upon arriving Grand Cayman? We have a private tour arranged & I am told by the local operator that the HAL ships switch to local time so I should not have to worry about the time difference. If this is not the case, I want to be able to do the "translation" to be sure not to miss the tour, but more importantly, not to miss the ship as it departs. Do you know the difference?

Thanks so much for addressing this question. Also, could you please elaborate about your experience? This is our first HAL cruise. Thanks again!!

I also have a question - did the ship switch to local time upon arriving Grand Cayman?

HAL ships always switch to local time wherever they are. You will be fine in Grand Caymen- the ship will be on GC time when you arrive.

On our recent Volendam cruise we had a real surprise- we thought the time switching was over and when we got back to FLL we woke up expecting no time change. Not so. EDT had started while we were asleep and the clocks had been changed again!

Did you enjoy yourself?

How did you like the ship?

Was the service what you expected?

Any real high points?

Any real low points?

When are you booking your next cruise? :)

Welcome Back.

Peaches - thanks for the reply. So - how do I make sure I am awake & ready for the "local time"? I usually use my own alarm clock, but still need to know how many hours ahead or back to set it. Maybe a wake up call request would be best - I presume I would get the call at the "local time"?

There should be a small card placed on your bed at night letting you know there is a time change taking place over night. It will tell you if the time is going forward or backward.

Peaches - thanks for the reply. So - how do I make sure I am awake & ready for the "local time"? I usually use my own alarm clock, but still need to know how many hours ahead or back to set it. Maybe a wake up call request would be best - I presume I would get the call at the "local time"?

There will be a card on your pillow before you retire about the time change. We always program an automatic wake-up call by phone also if we need to be sure we are up at a certain time.

And yes, that time would be local time the next moring. If you need to be up at 7 AM for an excursion with the time changing during the night, just program your wake-up call for 7 AM. :)

Had a great time, just love half moon key.

Service was great.

Only low point was that on this sailing was a group from the

V.F.W. and how some of them treated the staff around the ship.

The Zuiderdam has held well scince our (wife and I) last trip in Aug 2003

but needs some work, some one "keyed" one of the forward elevators.

other than that ships in good shape.

Thinking a mexican or alaskan in early 2007

We went on the Chacchoben myan ruins tour in Costa Maya

That was very informative, sadly past the pier area is very under devolped.

Grand Caymen we just grabbed a cab to 7 mile beach and swam.

Light tackel fishing in key west caught some sharks.

Archived