VIPS only. Have you ever used the credit card method to take nonVIPs with you?

LHP

Have you ever used your credit card to get NON VIP folks to go through VIP with you.  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever used your credit card to get NON VIP folks to go through VIP with you.

• Yes, you put the information on the Fun Pass.
    • Yes, you just told the Carnival Rep when you arrived.
    • No

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I am not asking anyone to identify yourselves....

just a vote.

What's the purpose of this poll? Is it to complain back to Carnival or JH about people getting extras they didn't "pay" for?:rolleyes:

What's the purpose of this poll? Is it to complain back to Carnival or JH about people getting extras they didn't "pay" for?:rolleyes:

No...not at all.

Some folks have been saying that this never happened.... and since I have read about it multiple times on here....I was just curious....

No complaining....but I was just pointing out a loophole in their F2F program that they were not aware of....

(supposedly)

because if VIP can do it....so can F2F....

Isn't a F2f per room? Even if they put another room on thier card it would still be another room right? Then they could not take someone else thru. Just thinking out loud I guess. I am not concerned about the new program. If someone wants to pay for something extra I say let them. I normally like to see what happens before being so upset so I don't see why others are getting so aggravated. I have spent my money with all the cruise lines--happen to be platinum with Carnival -I take the perks as they are given, but I have spent my money to cruise not to get perks.

No...not at all.

Some folks have been saying that this never happened.... and since I have read about it multiple times on here....I was just curious....

No complaining....but I was just pointing out a loophole in their F2F program that they were not aware of....

(supposedly)

because if VIP can do it....so can F2F....

Everyone in all cabins go on my card. It has been that way on every ship every line. Up to 10 cabins over the years.

Never thought about it but of course I expect all to be checked in together and it has always been very smooth.

so you are trying to get all cabins in the F2F pass, with only paying for one cabin? Is that what I understand?

:rolleyes:

This program is suppose to be one cabin (up to 5 people on some ships) for $50.00 for F2F.

The concern I expressed to "the beards" via John Heald's Facebook page is

since this loophole has existed for years in the VIP Lounge....

is this also a loophole that they need to address with this new F2F program?

If VIPs have had no trouble just walking up with as many folks as they want to and say "they are on my credit card" and they are all processed in the VIP lounge.....

what is to stop someone who has purchased the F2F from doing the same thing with as many people as they want?

Carnival is the one who has made a very big deal about this program being capacity controlled....even to the point of saying that IF there are to many Plats/Diamonds on the ship, they will not sell excursions on that cruise....

so one has to wonder that with this loophole .... how can Carnival guarantee that they can control the capacity?

The GREAT news is that if they close the loophole for F2F, then it will close it for VIP also!!

Btw, the ONLY reason for this poll is because I caught flack on Facebook saying this VIP loophole did not exist.

And since I have read it on here forever..... I asked just for a vote to see if it did.

Btw, John did confirm that it does.

How is this a loophole when it is clearly stated on carnival dot com that it is allowed? If the new program states it is allowed it wouldn't be a loophole either. So maybe we should wait and see if it is allowed with the new program.I can't vote because I have done both number 1 and number 2. It will only let me vote on one..And I have a question for you. Has this ever been a problem or has it caused any distress to any of the VIP's?

Carnival is the one who has made a very big deal about this program being capacity controlled....even to the point of saying that IF there are to many Plats/Diamonds on the ship, they will not sell excursions on that cruise....

The problem with this is they are already selling fttf "excursions" for the April cruises... How do they know how many platinums/diamonds will be on there...

How is this a loophole when it is clearly stated on carnival dot com that it is allowed? If the new program states it is allowed it wouldn't be a loophole either. So maybe we should wait and see if it is allowed with the new program.I can't vote because I have done both number 1 and number 2. It will only let me vote on one..And I have a question for you. Has this ever been a problem or has it caused any distress to any of the VIP's?

I can give you an example... someone a day or two ago said that the max capacity if 15 Staterooms was 60 people. So I buy F2F for my uncoming Liberty cruise, but just the stateroom that I am in... I am paying for three staterooms and I have at least one person in each stateroom on my credit card so all three stateroom would check in with me adding 2 more staterooms to the 15 stateroom max. Don't you with that will negate their capacity control?

For what it's worth I haven't purchased F2F although I could since my upcoming cruise is on Liberty. Linda, you can give this as an example on Facebook if you want. I don't use Facebook so I will not post it there.

I can give you an example... someone a day or two ago said that the max capacity if 15 Staterooms was 60 people. So I buy F2F for my uncoming Liberty cruise, but just the stateroom that I am in... I am paying for three staterooms and I have at least one person in each stateroom on my credit card so all three stateroom would check in with me adding 2 more staterooms to the 15 stateroom max. Don't you with that will negate their capacity control?

For what it's worth I haven't purchased F2F although I could since my upcoming cruise is on Liberty. Linda, you can give this as an example on Facebook if you want. I don't use Facebook so I will not post it there.

She was talking about the VIP loophole. Which is non existent if it is allowed.We don't even know if Carnival will allow this with the new program. It was never mentioned and unless it is clearly a written rule. Why start rumors?

Btw, the ONLY reason for this poll is because I caught flack on Facebook saying this VIP loophole did not exist.

And since I have read it on here forever..... I asked just for a vote to see if it did.

Btw, John did confirm that it does.

Of course it exists, it is written right into their FAQs

She was talking about the VIP loophole. Which is non existent if it is allowed.We don't even know if Carnival will allow this with the new program. It was never mentioned and unless it is clearly a written rule. Why start rumors?

It is a loophole in the VIP structure and it will be in the F2F structure because they have to check in everyone on the same credit card at the same time.

It is a loophole in the VIP structure and it will be in the F2F structure because they have to check in everyone on the same credit card at the same time.

It's ALLOWED. A loophole is a means of evading a rule.

Has this ever been a problem or has it caused any distress to any of the VIP's?

I'm not sure. Possibly. It took us FOREVER to get onboard the Magic in October, 2011 cruise - much longer than our rollcall friends in the regular line. The Barcelona VIP lounge was packed. Of course, not knowing they VIPs could bring friends with them, we assumed that they were all platinum, milestone, or Suite guests.

Umm, just because they are checking everyone in at the same time does not mean that the privileges other than VIP checkin will apply. There will be no reason to have cabins ready, for instance, for cabins which have not paid for FTF. And they may even make the card holder check in at two places, who knows? Or they may give VIP checkin to all, then send the non FTF contingent to the regular area to wait for boarding.

I'm not sure. Possibly. It took us FOREVER to get onboard the Magic in October, 2011 cruise - much longer than our rollcall friends in the regular line. The Barcelona VIP lounge was packed. Of course, not knowing they VIPs could bring friends with them, we assumed that they were all platinum, milestone, or Suite guests.

And they very well could have been all VIP's. It has been report on some cruises there has been over 600 VIP's.

And they very well could have been all VIP's. It has been report on some cruises there has been over 600 VIP's.

Yes, there were over 600 Platinum on our BC 3 cruise (Dream) ... but that is not the norm.

Btw, they are usually easy to spot because they are the ones who have not even filled out their Fun Passes....

oh joy!! :rolleyes:

Yes, there were over 600 Platinum on our BC 3 cruise (Dream) ... but that is not the norm.

Btw, they are usually easy to spot because they are the ones who have not even filled out their Fun Passes....

oh joy!! :rolleyes:

Who is easy to spot?

It does create a problem for VIP's. If you have brought as many as 10 cabins with you to VIP check-in, that means those who have earned VIP must wait for them to check in those 10 cabins. And, the VIP rooms are not that big so now there is no room in VIP for those who have VIP on their fun pass. Do you actually pay for all those cabins sail and sign bills or do you go to the front desk once on the ship and change everyone to their own card? That would be considered a loophole.

Pat

Archived