VIPS only. Have you ever used the credit card method to take nonVIPs with you?

LHP

Have you ever used your credit card to get NON VIP folks to go through VIP with you.  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever used your credit card to get NON VIP folks to go through VIP with you.

• Yes, you put the information on the Fun Pass.
    • Yes, you just told the Carnival Rep when you arrived.
    • No

I already gave that definition on a previous post. Search. I'll wait.

You repeatedly stated that it is allowed hence not a loophole that is in fact not the definition of a loophole.

A loophole is a means using rules and regulations to an advantage not originally intended.

Thus combing two Carnival rules and using them to your advantage in a method not intended by Carnival is by definition a loophole.

If VIPs have had no trouble just walking up with as many folks as they want to and say "they are on my credit card" and they are all processed in the VIP lounge.....

what is to stop someone who has purchased the F2F from doing the same thing with as many people as they want?

My understanding was that F2F'ers can join the VIP Line to enter the terminal, BUT do not proceed to the VIP Lounge. Did I read that wrong?

Cheating? Check out Carnivals FAQ's.

I know the rules. I also know that some people use it to their advantage instead of the intent. If someone hasn't earned VIP access it is cheating the system to manipulate the rules.

Why so bitter?

You repeatedly stated that it is allowed hence not a loophole that is in fact not the definition of a loophole.

A loophole is a means using rules and regulations to an advantage not originally intended.

Thus combing two Carnival rules and using them to your advantage in a method not intended by Carnival is by definition a loophole.

Nope that is not the definition I posted. However the rules that carnival has in both these situations were used exactly how they were intended. VIP boarding with your fellow VIP and an option to change your account.

And obviously it's working just fine. And if you didn't read it on here nobody would even know that this has been offered and people have been utilizing it for many years now. It's only when someone is so unhappy with a situation that they will try to dissect it to death in order for people to join their pity party.

My last 2 cruises my friends (non VIP) were waiting on us where you take pictures. They had been waiting 15 or 20 minutes. This VIP boarding has become a joke. I was thinking about just going through the maze but then

where would I get my sale and sign ? Can't win. Still won't stray from Carnival again as the trip is in most cases a bust. CARNIVAL RULES

Ed

I know the rules. I also know that some people use it to their advantage instead of the intent. If someone hasn't earned VIP access it is cheating the system to manipulate the rules.

Why so bitter?

Bitter? Not me. No cheating or manipulation here.

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure. Possibly. It took us FOREVER to get onboard the Magic in October, 2011 cruise - much longer than our rollcall friends in the regular line. The Barcelona VIP lounge was packed. Of course, not knowing they VIPs could bring friends with them, we assumed that they were all platinum, milestone, or Suite guests.

This is exactly why I'm going to quit getting to the pier early. There are soooo many VIP/Platinum/Diamond/Suite guests being serviced by so few shoreside agents that it's not hardly worth the wait.

The best I ever saw it managed was in Miami for a Bloggers cruise, everyone checked in at the main desk but there was a VIP line and an agent directing anyone in the VIP line to the next available agent. As soon as the VIP line was empty then the other guests were directed to the next agent, but if a VIP walked up they were inserted at the front of the queue.

Then they had a separate area for the VIPs to wait for 1st boarding after the weddings and HCs.

Let me get a better understanding of this cresit card "thing". We have an upcoming cruise that I have paid for using my credit card. I have 3 rooms. I will be at platnuim level. Does this mean that all 7 of us will be able go to the VIP lounge?

Yes if at least on person from each stateroom is guaranteed with your credit card.

No if you only paid for the staterooms.

we are going on the elation oct. 6th. wife and i are platium. my dd and her husband are not.:) they have 4 kids.

2 of our grand kids will be in our cabin and the other 2 with mom and dad. our ta says we can all board in the vip line.:)

after reading these threads, i don't know if we can or not!!:confused:

Yes if at least on person from each stateroom is guaranteed with your credit card.

No if you only paid for the staterooms.

Just call me dumb, but what is the diffrence in paid for or guaranteed with the credit card?

If it is who are the charges going to to each room, out of the 3 rooms my credit card will be on file for at least 1 person in the other two rooms, besides my husband and I room. The kids are being split, one in each grandparents room.

Just call me dumb, but what is the diffrence in paid for or guaranteed with the credit card?

If it is who are the charges going to to each room, out of the 3 rooms my credit card will be on file for at least 1 person in the other two rooms, besides my husband and I room. The kids are being split, one in each grandparents room.

Cruise's can be paid for by anyone although Stu said in a prior post that that was all he did to get his adult kids into the VIP, but having the onboard accounts linked by guaranting with the same credit card is what I am talking about. You have to check in together in this instance and so is a way to get people who do not qualify for VIP into the VIP area.

Archived