Any Time?

SmokinJoe

I have a question regardnig the Any Time Dine on NCL.

What is the process on NCL? If you want to eat in the Main Dining room can you reserve your time pre-cruise? or do you have to reserve each day?

During the day? Just prior to dinner? or Just show up at the Main Dining room and wait?

Considering an NCL cruise and was wondering how they operate their Any Time Dining.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Freestyle dining means when you are ready, you go to one of the main dining rooms and are seated. We have never had to wait, others have said that there are times when they have been given a "buzzer" and sent to a lounge to wait.

My experience is that if you are standing there when they open for dinner, there might be a short wait. We have always walked in without delay.

What is the process on NCL? If you want to eat in the Main Dining room can you reserve your time pre-cruise? or do you have to reserve each day?

During the day? Just prior to dinner? or Just show up at the Main Dining room and wait?

Considering an NCL cruise and was wondering how they operate their Any Time Dining.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

I was on the Epic and don't remember seeing anything to reserve a time in the MDR. You can make reservations in the specialty restaurants.

I never had to wait for a table in the MDR, I walked up and was seated with my husband. I did notice at later times, around 7, people were given beepers for their tables.

I hope this helps you out.

I was on the Epic and don't remember seeing anything to reserve a time in the MDR. You can make reservations in the specialty restaurants.

I never had to wait for a table in the MDR, I walked up and was seated with my husband. I did notice at later times, around 7, people were given beepers for their tables.

I hope this helps you out.

Thank you, yes this did help.

We are going to give it a try. we have heard GOOD things about NCL. It's time to try a different Cruise line.

Joe

Freestyle dining means when you are ready, you go to one of the main dining rooms and are seated. We have never had to wait, others have said that there are times when they have been given a "buzzer" and sent to a lounge to wait.

My experience is that if you are standing there when they open for dinner, there might be a short wait. We have always walked in without delay.

Thank You,

We are certainly going to try the "Specialty" restaurants, we enjoy them too, and we are certainly going to give NCL a try.

Thanks for your reply.

Joe

You will find screens around the ship telling you the availability of all the restaurants at various times. It will give you a good indication of where and when to eat.

Most of the specialty restaurants require booking in advance, especially at peak times - especially Teppenyaki, which tends to book up early and remain fully booked most of the time. All others are pretty much dependent on the time of the evening.

You will find screens around the ship telling you the availability of all the restaurants at various times. It will give you a good indication of where and when to eat.

Most of the specialty restaurants require booking in advance, especially at peak times - especially Teppenyaki, which tends to book up early and remain fully booked most of the time. All others are pretty much dependent on the time of the evening.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344634754.823048.jpg.ee66eafc498da511c1c9d802313c2a3e.jpg

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help.

Joe

The process on NCL is just like dining on land. When you want to eat, you go to the MDR or buffet (or wherever you choose) and they'll seat you. You will be seated with your own group unless you ask to share. You don't need reservations though you can make them, if you like. Just not during the peak times.

The specialty restaurants can be booked online starting at 45 days out but it isn't necessary to do it before you cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Well for starters it's called Freestyle Dining not Any time Dining.

You don't reserve for seating in the Main dining rooms unless you are in a large group that wants to be together. So -you just show up and depending on how busy it is - you are seated when you show up OR you may have to wait a bit to be seated if you are there at "prime" time (in my experience - around 7Pm) - The longest I have waited is 10 minutes).

Basically it's like going to a restaurant - busy you wait, not busy you are seated immediately.

Thank you.

First time on NCL and we are so used to a fixed seating time and table.

Change is good. !

I like the screen idea.

Good information.

Joe

Well for starters it's called Freestyle Dining not Any time Dining.

You don't reserve for seating in the Main dining rooms unless you are in a large group that wants to be together. So -you just show up and depending on how busy it is - you are seated when you show up OR you may have to wait a bit to be seated if you are there at "prime" time (in my experience - around 7Pm) - The longest I have waited is 10 minutes).

Basically it's like going to a restaurant - busy you wait, not busy you are seated immediately.

Good to know about the Any Time Dine.

Heck, we will be on vacation, so if we have to wait, we wait. We can eat Any Time we want.

Joe

The process on NCL is just like dining on land. When you want to eat, you go to the MDR or buffet (or wherever you choose) and they'll seat you. You will be seated with your own group unless you ask to share. You don't need reservations though you can make them, if you like. Just not during the peak times.

The specialty restaurants can be booked online starting at 45 days out but it isn't necessary to do it before you cruise.

Thanks, good to know, I'll have to keep that in mind to reserve a few prior to sailing.

Joe

You can also book specialty restaurants from your room with the remote. We did that one night. The funny thing is we looked at one of the monitors downstairs and it said the one restaurant was full. We went to our room and looked at the TV reservation system and there were openings so we just booked though the TV.

Fun and easy!

You can also book specialty restaurants from your room with the remote. We did that one night. The funny thing is we looked at one of the monitors downstairs and it said the one restaurant was full. We went to our room and looked at the TV reservation system and there were openings so we just booked though the TV.

Fun and easy!

This must not be available fleet wide as we just got off the Star and there was no way to reserve anything on the TV.

Heck they were the smallest TV's I have seen since i cruised Disney. Must have been about 13" screen.

Bill

This must not be available fleet wide as we just got off the Star and there was no way to reserve anything on the TV.

Heck they were the smallest TV's I have seen since i cruised Disney. Must have been about 13" screen.

Bill

Oops, sorry I should have said it was on the Epic.

NCL has any interactive features in the cabin tv only on the newer ships, so far Gem (at least onboard account balance, don't know about reservations) and Epic (both balance and reservations).

Joe -

Freestyle dining is just like eating on land. You decide when and where you want to eat, and then go. You may choose to make reservations at the specialty restaurants, especially if you want a high demand one, a high demand time, or have a larger group (most tables are set for 4). These reservations can be made on-line 45 days in advance of your trip, or on the ship once you get there. If you're in a suite, the concierge will take care of that for you.

The Epic, the largest and newest ship until the Breakaway launches next year, has the most restaurant choices and most information/tools available on the stateroom TV. You can make reservations, check your account balances, etc. There are 20 eating options, about half free and half pay. The Jewel class ships have fewer, but still plenty. All NCL ships have a wonderful buffet area and two main dining rooms, a 24/7 eating establishment, plus several other places to get a good meal. What I love about "freestyle" is that I go when I'm ready. On my cruise on the Jewel last week there were a couple of nights we ate early with a group of 14 and maybe even saw the 7:15 show. Other nights I ate at the buffet, Blue Lagoon or snacked at the Great Outdoors, etc. It's really your choice what you want to do, which is the #1 reason I switched to NCL.

Here's a picture of the restaurant status board on the Jewel. I think I have one for the Epic too, but I'd have to find it.

IMG_3664-vi.jpg

Thank you.

First time on NCL and we are so used to a fixed seating time and table.

Change is good. !

I like the screen idea.

Good information.

Joe

Once you experience Freestyle or 'anytime', you'll probably never want to go back to assigned dining again!

Enjoy......:)

Joe -

Freestyle dining is just like eating on land. You decide when and where you want to eat, and then go. You may choose to make reservations at the specialty restaurants, especially if you want a high demand one, a high demand time, or have a larger group (most tables are set for 4). These reservations can be made on-line 45 days in advance of your trip, or on the ship once you get there. If you're in a suite, the concierge will take care of that for you.

The Epic, the largest and newest ship until the Breakaway launches next year, has the most restaurant choices and most information/tools available on the stateroom TV. You can make reservations, check your account balances, etc. There are 20 eating options, about half free and half pay. The Jewel class ships have fewer, but still plenty. All NCL ships have a wonderful buffet area and two main dining rooms, a 24/7 eating establishment, plus several other places to get a good meal. What I love about "freestyle" is that I go when I'm ready. On my cruise on the Jewel last week there were a couple of nights we ate early with a group of 14 and maybe even saw the 7:15 show. Other nights I ate at the buffet, Blue Lagoon or snacked at the Great Outdoors, etc. It's really your choice what you want to do, which is the #1 reason I switched to NCL.

Here's a picture of the restaurant status board on the Jewel. I think I have one for the Epic too, but I'd have to find it.

IMG_3664-vi.jpg

Mike,

Thank you. Decision is made and we are looking forward to sailing on NCL.

There are 4 of us, and I've been passing this information on to the other 3.

They are very excited.

Thanks again.

Joe

Once you experience Freestyle or 'anytime', you'll probably never want to go back to assigned dining again!

Enjoy......:)

Hi Bob,

Thanks,

That's what we have been told.

Looking forward to our first NCL cruise.

Joe

Thank You,

We are certainly going to try the "Specialty" restaurants, we enjoy them too, and we are certainly going to give NCL a try.

Thanks for your reply.

Joe

One of the favorite specialty restaurants is Le Bistro. Then there is Cagney's which is also extremely popular. The Brazilian Steakhouse is fairly new to the NCL fleet and it has been getting rave reviews. I love them all but these three are a must, IMHO.

Archived