Non alcoholic options on Celebrity, advice please

phoebecat

Hubby and I are booked on Celebrity Constellation wine cruise in September. The irony of the situation is thst hubby is off alcohol and fizzy drinks of all description, doctors orders, and I am off alcohol due to personal reasons.

We are certainly Not going to cancel our cruise! And fully intend to participate in wine tastings, using the buckets to spit, rather than swallow.

But there is nothing we love more than propping up the bar, preferably the martini bar, in an evg, pre and post dinner, having a drink.

This is our first celebrity cruise, so I'm asking all you seasoned travellers, are there non alcoholic options to drink at the martini bar? If we explain our predicament to the bar tenders, do you think they could rustle us up something delicious but minus the alcohol? Advice please!

Thanks.

Greetings

The bartenders can certainly make you Pina Colada and Daiquiri type drinks sans the booze. They have "virgin" versions of these. Martini's may be harder since they are mainly all booze and very little filler. You could always just sip on OJ or tonic and still sit and enjoy the venue.

Good Sailing

Tom

My husband gave up alcohol last year for health reasons and we also worried about a drastically different "cruise experience." Although it was certainly different, we found that you can still find fun drinks and enjoy the social nature of the cruise without the alcohol. One good mocktail that bartenders made on Princess (only "dry" cruise so far) was a "nohito" - mint, limes, sugar, grapefruit juice and soda water. On Celebrity I had a really good one on Eclipse that was raspberries, lime juice and soda water, and another good one that was a sparkling lemonade with mint. I'm sure you'll find something you like that's festive enough for that "I'm on a cruise" feeling. Have a great time!

Cheers,

Kirsten

I got the premium non alcoholic package and had quite a variety of tasty foofoo drinks. The watermelon one was my favorite, but the raspberry fizz and peach sangria were really good too. I tried to get a drink at the martini bar and they couldn't make me one there, but offered to go get me something from another bar. I didn't want them to have to do that so I thanked him and declined as I was only walking by, but the staff was so good on the Millennium they would do anything for you. Sometimes I would just ask the bartender to surprise me with a drink and they came up with some wonderful concoctions:p

Archived