Did Carnival says cabins ready by 11:30

coops

One of the posters on this board mentioned Carnival had announced that cabins will be ready by 11:30. Has anyone heard of this news? Also this is if you don't purchase the F2F pass. With the pass you could get on an hour earlier. This is confusing.

I have tried to ask the CC member on a couple of posts but have not recieved a response. Thanks to anyone for any info.

Dawn

This is one of the things that John has been talking about on his Facebook page for months.

I am thinking the last time was just yesterday????

I do not think we are allowed to pull up Facebook posts and post them here....

John was explaining that the big benefit to purchase F2F would be that your cabin would be ready by 10:30 .... instead of waiting until the new time they are shooting for which is 11:30am....which started a discussion about IF a hour was worth the money considering we usually do not get on the ships until 11:30AM.

Btw, then John mentioned something about some new rules which would allow people to board earlier than 11:30am....

but I did not get an exact quote....since I can not imagine the confusion of people trying to get off and get ON at the same time .....

I do know that Carnival is NOW allow to start boarding even IF there are 100 or less still onboard from the last cruise.

(used to be everyone had to be off)

Btw, then John mentioned something about some new rules which would allow people to board earlier than 11:30am....

but I did not get an exact quote....since I can not imagine the confusion of people trying to get off and get ON at the same time .....

I do know that Carnival is NOW allow to start boarding even IF there are 100 or less still onboard from the last cruise.

I was sitting on Lido with a DOD in my hand at 10:25 last Thanksgiving... it was sweet!

So when does this start that you can get into your cabin earlier.. if it is for sure going to start.. no wonder the OP is confused.. your post confused me too. Just talking or they will try it on a few ships? what?

As I read in one of the many other threads about this new idea it was stated that if you pay the $50 fee you will be able to board earlier than normal and that your cabin would be ready at that time also. If you do not purchase this you would still board at the regular time and your room would also not be ready until the afternoon. It is being tested only on two ships at this time.

This is one of the things that John has been talking about on his Facebook page for months.

I am thinking the last time was just yesterday????

I do not think we are allowed to pull up Facebook posts and post them here....

John was explaining that the big benefit to purchase F2F would be that your cabin would be ready by 10:30 .... instead of waiting until the new time they are shooting for which is 11:30am....which started a discussion about IF a hour was worth the money considering we usually do not get on the ships until 11:30AM.

I only read John speaking in terms of targets Plat/Diamonds by 1030, FttF 1130.

I may have missed something else in his plethora of posts.

As for anyone else, who knows when those cabins will be ready.

So when does this start that you can get into your cabin earlier.. if it is for sure going to start.. no wonder the OP is confused.. your post confused me too. Just talking or they will try it on a few ships? what?

My Elation cruise in July, the rooms were ready at 12:30 instead of 1:30, and that was very nice. :)

I would suspect they would form a separate SWAT cleaning crew for each deck that would have a list of priority cabins to be cleaned while our regular assigned cabin steward cleans the rest of his/her assigned cabins. Also the cruisers waiting to get off the ship that hold the cabins designated would be given a number in the first wave to get them out of the cabin by 0745. Carnival will sell it as VIP disembarkment

Thank you for the info. Was just on FB and can't find a thing. But I am sure it is there. And they really can start boarding with 100 or less people onboard?

If your ship is scheduled to depart at 4 pm, what time do you think is the latest you can board? I have a hotel until at least noon and will be visiting with family so I wouldn't mind boarding the ship a little later. Also wouldn't mind being able to go right to my cabin and not having to drag my carry on around the ship for hours.

Bear in mind, this program is being run on a trial basis on only 2 ships. One being the Liberty which I will be sailing on. It has also been said, that the sale of this new program is limited to 15 cabins (don't hold me to this figure because I did not see that in the official publication). Also note that you could have 2 to 5 people in a cabin so that would increase the number of cruisers using the program.

We are VFIP and have sailed once a year for the last several years. We normally get to the ship at about 11:30 am and are in the very first group of people to board. We head straight to the buffet and they would just be uncovering the food. In the past, we would finish lunch and then sit at a table with our carry ons and wait until about 1 o'clock before they would let you go to your cabin. Some times, if you were very lucky, you could get by the obstructions and go to your cabin (If the Steward had finished preparing it). If he hadn't, you would get the "Glare" and I could understand his/her frustration perfectly. On some decks, the doors were closed at the isle at the elevators so you could not get to your cabin regardless. Even if you get to your cabin, it can take 1 to 3 hours before your luggage arrives so all you would have would be your carry ons. So prepare accordingly. That early luggage arrival for VIFP sounds great and I hope it works.

If your ship is scheduled to depart at 4 pm, what time do you think is the latest you can board? I have a hotel until at least noon and will be visiting with family so I wouldn't mind boarding the ship a little later. Also wouldn't mind being able to go right to my cabin and not having to drag my carry on around the ship for hours.

60 or 90 minutes prior to departure. Right now I cannot remember which. The time is related to when the ship has to submit it's manifest to the authorities.

60 or 90 minutes prior to departure. Right now I cannot remember which. The time is related to when the ship has to submit it's manifest to the authorities.

HLS sheets have to be sent 2 hours prior to sailing I believe. So I believe you would need to be checked in by 2 pm. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I booked the FTTF the first day it was announced for our September 1stcruise on the Liberty. When I booked FTTF the "departure" time said 8:00am (not possible anyway). Today I received an email from Carnival indicating that the time is 11:00am. No further detail in the email and since I had not reserved any other shore excurisions it can only apply to FTTF!!

Hope this helps those with questions about the time your cabin will be available.

HLS sheets have to be sent 2 hours prior to sailing I believe. So I believe you would need to be checked in by 2 pm. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I checked in less than a hour before the ship left the one time I booked very late.. I was surprised they had not locked the door.

Its 60 minutes before that supposedly the last manifest goes in. I got in a huge rain storm and it was friday pm and rush hour was just starting thru Houston .. and I was calling Carnival saying.. wait the ship. They locked the door after I checked in.

Conquest review just reported they were in their cabins by 12:30pm.

John has been talking about getting into the cabins earlier long before the F2F stuff started.

I will see if I have find some exact quotes and discretely post them (not copy /paste since that is not allowed).... but John's Facebook page is so active...it may be hard to find.

I would ask him directly, but he is headed to surgery on his wrists....and I don't want to bother him...

It is my understanding that the 100 on board or less thingy is already in effect for all posts and all ships.

One of the posters on this board mentioned Carnival had announced that cabins will be ready by 11:30. Has anyone heard of this news? Also this is if you don't purchase the F2F pass. With the pass you could get on an hour earlier. This is confusing.

I have tried to ask the CC member on a couple of posts but have not recieved a response. Thanks to anyone for any info.

Dawn

I've only read they've been doing a pilot on the Magic and one other ship that sails from the same port. John used to post times, but I haven't seen anything in a while.

Something about starting embarkation while debarkation is going on, and the debating guest count gets below a certain level.

I would suspect they would form a separate SWAT cleaning crew for each deck that would have a list of priority cabins to be cleaned while our regular assigned cabin steward cleans the rest of his/her assigned cabins. Also the cruisers waiting to get off the ship that hold the cabins designated would be given a number in the first wave to get them out of the cabin by 0745. Carnival will sell it as VIP disembarkment

1st off will the SWAT cleaning crew be locked and loaded and secondly Carnival can kiss my GF white butt if we are going to be forced to get off earlier than normal for someone that paid for their F2F.

I've only read they've been doing a pilot on the Magic and one other ship that sails from the same port. John used to post times, but I haven't seen anything in a while.

Something about starting embarkation while debarkation is going on, and the debating guest count gets below a certain level.

The other ship is the Triumph we wernt allowed to go to our cabins till 2pm

Conquest review just reported they were in their cabins by 12:30pm.

John has been talking about getting into the cabins earlier long before the F2F stuff started.

I will see if I have find some exact quotes and discretely post them (not copy /paste since that is not allowed).... but John's Facebook page is so active...it may be hard to find.

I would ask him directly, but he is headed to surgery on his wrists....and I don't want to bother him...

It is my understanding that the 100 on board or less thingy is already in effect for all posts and all ships.

How long do you think it will be before one of those hundred end up causing an issue and they can no longer do it ;)

Archived