Which La Quinta?

Beth & Rob

Plantation or Tarmac?

We would not have a car and would be staying 2 days pre-cruise and one day post cruise....

So are either one of these in areas better for shopping/dining than the other?

Proximity to airport/cruise port?

Thanks

Stay in Plantation or Hollywood La Quinta. They are located near shopping and dining options. I prefer Plantation but make sure that they still have the free shuttles, as it is about 10 miles out. Tamarac is way too far from the port and airport and the LaQuinta there is very close to a high crime area.

I did place a hold on La Quinta in Hollywood. I also put a hold on a suite at Gallery One.

We are 4 ladies who prefer a bit more than Motel 6 yet really don't want to spend $200 a night per person.

We need 2 nites pre and 1 post.. La Quinta would give us 2 rooms and the total cost is $1032. One suite at Gallery One is $864 for the 3 nights. That works out to about $72pp per night.

La Quinta does have the free shuttle service and free (not really, it's figured in)......breakfast, but I'm thinking the Gallery One is in a much better location with more nice amenities.

Am I right?

Gallery One and it's location are MUCH nicer than any LaQuinta is going to be. It'll cost you about $25 per taxi to get there. You can get breakfast at Starbucks or pack some breakfast bars, and save your calories for a nice lunch at the beach or mall. You'll even have your own water taxi stop, which makes for a lovely day out.

Thanks so much. I just wanted to get something reserved. I checked with the rest of my group and they all said.........do whatever you feel is good for us and just tell us how much"

Love those kind of friends. LOL.

So now......another question. I've never used priceline or any of the bidding sites. Do you know if they work on a suite? If I attempt to bid, I could lose this hotel and wind up someplace else. Do I dare?

The $72 (tax incl) pp rate is quite satisfactory to us.....

I should stop second guessing myself right? :)

I should stop second guessing myself right? :)

Yes, you should. Take it from an habitual second-guesser.;)

Priceline promises a room for 2, no more. I don't think the risk/reward ratio is worth it in your situation.

You have a solid hotel, at a price you can live with. And you can collect Hilton Hhonors points, something you can't with a third-party booking.

NO!!!! Don't use Priceline if you want a certain type of room in a certain hotel. :D You have found a great rate that will work well split among your friends. Now, since you want Gallery One and the price is right, book it. Then get an Hhonors number if you don't already have one and keep checking pricing on hiltonfamilymvp and rebook when you get an even better price. Just be sure to cancel any outstanding bookings after booking a lower price.

Archived