How does RCI know you qualify for diamond if you're elite on Celebrity?

twonpcb

We have recently qualified for elite status on Celebrity. As I understand it, this qualifies us for diamond status on Royal Caribbean if we sail on their ships. Do we have to notify them of this? I realize that they are under the same company umberella, but half the time Celebrity doesn't know what my Celebrity status is, so I find it hard to believe that they would automatically notify RCI.

Robert

Call the Captain's Club at their 800 number (on the website) and ask them to get you a Crown & Anchor membership. They can do it right over the phone. It would be better though, that you are officially listed as Elite in Captain's Club, if you aren't already. If your status hasn't been accredited to you, get that fixed first.

It's an easy process to get reciprocal status. I did it in reverse to you--had C&A and got CC before going on the Solstice. No trouble at all.

Will RCCL provide a C & A number before you actually book a cruise on RCCL? Or do you have to book the cruise first?

The reason I ask is that RCCL sometimes offers balcony discounts to C & A members who have some level of status. I'm not sure if I would qualify for this promotion without Diamond status (earned entirely through =X=), but maybe there's some way they handle all this. Any experiences?

I've only been on one RCCL cruise, but this past week, I had occasion to sign on to their website using my C&A membership number. Imagine my surprise when my information came up showing "Diamond" as my membership status. So somewhere along the way they got the information.

Shortly after we qualified for Elite on Celebrity, RCCL sent us notification that we had earned Diamond status. We did not have to notify them; the 2 companies must share information.

Cheryl

That is really odd since they have never shared it in the past. In order to get Crown status you have to call RCI, provide your Captains Club number and receive a new Crown club number. This must then be associated with your reservation. If you don't follow these procedures they will not know you are coming. YOu do not need to sail on RCI first. This is a very common question both on this board and the RCI board and this is the procedure to follow

Before I took my first cruise on Celebrity, I was a platinum member of Crown & Anchor. I had to provide my Celebrity cruise booking number and Crown & Anchor member number to Captain's Club. I received a Captain's Club member number (different from my C&A number) and received "Select" member status for my Celebrity cruise.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity must link the membership numbers in their system. Shortly after my Celebrity cruise, I took another Royal Caribbean cruise and became a diamond C&A member. Within a couple weeks, I received a "Welcome to Elite Status" package from Captain's Club with some luggage tags and Celebrity pins. I did not contact Captain's Club to inform them of my new C&A status. I never did receive anything from C&A for my diamond status. :( I reached diamond plus status after my February cruise with RC and haven't received anything for that either. :(

Before I took my first cruise on Celebrity, I was a platinum member of Crown & Anchor. I had to provide my Celebrity cruise booking number and Crown & Anchor member number to Captain's Club. I received a Captain's Club member number (different from my C&A number) and received "Select" member status for my Celebrity cruise.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity must link the membership numbers in their system. Shortly after my Celebrity cruise, I took another Royal Caribbean cruise and became a diamond C&A member. Within a couple weeks, I received a "Welcome to Elite Status" package from Captain's Club with some luggage tags and Celebrity pins. I did not contact Captain's Club to inform them of my new C&A status. I never did receive anything from C&A for my diamond status. :( I reached diamond plus status after my February cruise with RC and haven't received anything for that either. :(

They do link them but you have to make the initial linking as you did...AFter that there is no problem..

I was going to say they link automatically but not sure now. I think, like dkjretired said, I might have initially told them. Once I reached Elite on Celebrity though it automatically updated my RCCL account to Diamond.

No notice or anything I just went in and looked. Never received anything from Celebrity either, just looked at my account.

enjoy,

Duane

Archived