do you earn rci points if you sail on celebrity x

fas64

I am thinking of sail on Celebrity X, Will these days at sea be added to my RCL total?

No. Points earned on either line cannot be combined with points earned on the other line. When you reach the higher levels in either Celebrity's Captain's Club or RCI's Crown and Anchor Society, you will receive reciprocal recognition of your status in the other loyalty program but the points aren't combinable.

I am thinking of sail on Celebrity X, Will these days at sea be added to my RCL total?

No. Points are not combinable. However, if you are platinum on RCI you will have select benefits on Celebrity and if you are diamond you will receive elite benefits.

This is one thing I really wish they would implement for the C&A Society. Similar to how airlines within an alliance (OneWorld, SkyTeam, Star Alliance) allow you to use one airline's program and earn miles on another airline. For example, I'm a member of the British Airways Executive Club and if I were to fly on American Airlines, I could earn miles on my British Airways account. Considering that Celebrity and Royal are owned by the same company, they could easily do this.

Also I'd love to try Celebrity, however due to wanting to continue to earn points on Royal, I'm hesitant to move over. This means that any other cruise line could get my business as easily as Celebrity could. But if Royal let you earn on one for the others program, I (and I'm sure many) would stay loyal to one COMPANY.

This is one thing I really wish they would implement for the C&A Society. Similar to how airlines within an alliance (OneWorld, SkyTeam, Star Alliance) allow you to use one airline's program and earn miles on another airline. For example, I'm a member of the British Airways Executive Club and if I were to fly on American Airlines, I could earn miles on my British Airways account. Considering that Celebrity and Royal are owned by the same company, they could easily do this.

Also I'd love to try Celebrity, however due to wanting to continue to earn points on Royal, I'm hesitant to move over. This means that any other cruise line could get my business as easily as Celebrity could. But if Royal let you earn on one for the others program, I (and I'm sure many) would stay loyal to one COMPANY.

The reason airlines do the whole alliance thing is because not every airline flies to every destination. BA wants your business, but there are cities they don't fly to so they have to book all or part of your trip on a partner airline. But they'd prefer you do that, rather than book a Sky Team flight, so they let you earn BA points on partner airlines. Cruises are different. Whatever cruise you decide to book, you're on that one ship for the duration; it's not like you book a Royal cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda and then "connect" in Bermuda to a Celebrity cruise to San Juan b/c Royal didn't happen to have any direct BWI-SJU cruises.

Archived