late flight after a Tampa Cruise. What to do?

sra12574

I'm travellling in a group with my elderly parents 76 and 74 . My mother doesnt do well with connectiing flights and running around terminals . My last cruise into Tampa got in a little late so to be on the safe side I took a late departure . The cruise I'm going on doesnt offer luggage express so whatever we do we will be dragging around our luggage . Does anyone know if you can check your luggage at the florida aquarium and tour that for a while before taking transportation back to the airport ? Just wondering if anyone has done this in the past

We cruised out of Tampa last year on the Carnival Legend. The Port of Tampa is great. Part of the port has been developed as the Channelside Marketplace. In addition to the aquarium, there are several shops, restaurants and a movie theater all within walking distance (1-2 blocks) from the terminal. There was luggage storage just outside the Carnival terminal. I think that they were only open until 4 or 5 pm the day we were there, but it was still enough time for us to grab lunch and see a movie before picking up our luggage and heading to the airport. There are also streetcars that stop near the port and will take you to Ybor City, for even more shopping and restaurant options.

I called the aquarium today and they said they would check the luggage for us for free. I've been to the Florida Aquarium before but the others in my group havent so it should be able to kill some more time for them . I would rather check out some exhibits twice then wait in the lobby at the airport . Last time I was at that aquarium I did the dive with sharks program and didnt stic around too much after my dive.

609501729.72902.1129772026&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=1080009117011&set=a.1546609501729.72902.1129772026&type=3&theater

This is great information because that's what we were going to do to kill time until our late flight. We thought going to the aquarium would be a good option. I've checked out that website and it looks like there' a lot to do at the aquarium.

Thanks for the info!

I live less than an hour from Tampa but had never gone to the Aquarium. We have been to Sea World so many times and living in FL have grown up seeing fish and could not imagine why anyone would want to go.

Then I got a chance to go with no cost to me. It was wonderful! I would recommend it to anyone who has time to kill before leaving the area. And what a wonderul service that the store the luggage!

There is a water play area for the kids too if you have enough time. So you may want to keep their bathing suits out. We went to a private tour to see penguins behind the scenes and it was quite an experience. You have to book that ahead but was well worth the extra $.

We live about an hour from Tampa & go to the aquarium regularly (we've had annual passes for a number of years). It's probably not enough to entertain you all day, but there's certainly enough there to kill a few hours. Of course, my younger son (7) could easily spend the whole day there; he's enthralled with animals & fish, so much so that I think if given the option he'd leave us & move in there.

If the weather's nice, the outdoor pavilion is a really enjoyable place to have lunch. Good sandwiches, burgers & such, and has a full bar with drinks reasonably priced when judged on a tourist-attraction scale.

Archived