need help with OBC

SlyOldLady

A few months ago I e-mailed a request for shareholder benefit for a cruise this October and got a response a week later saying I had to use the form and to send it along with proof of ownership. I e-mailed everything and waited. After hearing nothing in return I faxed the same a couple weeks ago and still nothing. What is the next step? I have received the credit probably fifteen times and have never had a problem till now. I sure miss the lady that used to take care of this for us.

This is the first I have heard. What are shareholder benefits? How many shares do you have to own to get benefits?
If you own 100 shares of Carnival Corporation & Plc shares, you can request OBC for any sailing on any ship on any Carnival Corporation & Plc brand, including HAL, Princess, Cunard, Carnival, etc. The OBC ranges from $50-$250, depending in the length of your cruise and is combinable with any other OBC. Here's a link to the page with the information. Just click on the link on the page: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

It seems that in the past year they have changed back to wanting the requests to be after final payment and the proof of ownership to be very current (end of the previous month from sending request). The time to process has also increased (probably due to the increased number of requests) and sending confirmation no longer seems to be automatic. I email my info and specifically request a confirmation email.

If you booked through a TA, they can go into the system and see if it is there. If your TA is the helpful type, they can also troubleshoot this with Princess for you.

gives you the 800# to call. They now only want it after under 60 days out.

Mine was applied and despite having my email- Princess did not email me or my TA...but once I called then they confirmed it hd been applied and sent e the email.

I have another one to submit...but it is too early to send in....

Quickly resolved that it had been done with one phone call.

Bernadette

gives you the 800# to call. They now only want it after under 60 days out.

Mine was applied and despite having my email- Princess did not email me or my TA...but once I called then they confirmed it hd been applied and sent e the email.

I have another one to submit...but it is too early to send in....

Quickly resolved that it had been done with one phone call.

Weirdly, I just dealt with my shareholder credit for a 12/5 sailing yesterday. I called Princess directly, not my TA, and was told - I think - they wanted it under 90 days out, not 60. While the CS person was checking with the OBC fairy, I checked out the current online form - nothing there about the maximum time before the cruise to file. And then, within another 5 minutes, my credit was applied!

If Princess is going to institute new rules, they really should post them. And if they're not, they should send a form e-mail out explaining the problem, rather than responding with silence.

Oh, and one more thing: they should make the CCL price go back up. ;)

It is now about 60 days out before they will accept and process your request for this benefit. I have to wait until September before I can email my request for my upcoming November cruise. They want to be sure that you are still current with your stock shares...

It is now about 60 days out before they will accept and process your request for this benefit. I have to wait until September before I can email my request for my upcoming November cruise. They want to be sure that you are still current with your stock shares...

Which would seem more reasonable if they then processed the requests in a more efficient, timely manner. Who wants to deal with OBC glitches with only a few weeks left till embarkation?

A few months ago I e-mailed a request for shareholder benefit for a cruise this October and got a response a week later saying I had to use the form and to send it along with proof of ownership. I e-mailed everything and waited. After hearing nothing in return I faxed the same a couple weeks ago and still nothing. What is the next step? I have received the credit probably fifteen times and have never had a problem till now. I sure miss the lady that used to take care of this for us.

I had to call Princess to make sure it was on my account, it doesn't show up on my account anywhere, but the Princess rep assured me that my stock credits were on there as well as the obc that I received from the TA.

Scott

Bring a copy of your stock OBC confirmation or your request along with a recent copy of your stock ownership. If there's a glitch, they can submit your request for the OBC onboard the ship. If for some reason you don't have access to that information, you can re-submit after getting home and will get a credit. You just have to have documentation that you submitted your original request with a recent statement within the correct time constraints pre-cruise.

Had a similar problem last cruise which went down to the 2 week deadline, despite my having sent in the request a month before.

Call the Princess Cruises Booking Support number that is on the http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit site and explain the problem. If you have the date and time of the request they can rapidly look it up, The date and time of your fax should be on your fax confirmation.

Once I did this they processed it immediately (my cruise was only two weeks away, so the need was immediate), and they were very nice about it.

Interesting to note - the referenced process no longer gives an email address as they had done in years past.

I had so much trouble with getting my shareholder benefit on my last cruise. I faxed it, then I emailed it, then I called and called and called. I got someone who said they were walking it through. Nothing. I was onboard and nothing. I took it to passenger services and got a helpful person who worked on it throughout the 10 days and finally got me my OBC on the second to the last day of the cruise. It shouldn't take that much work.

I had so much trouble with getting my shareholder benefit on my last cruise. I faxed it, then I emailed it, then I called and called and called. I got someone who said they were walking it through. Nothing. I was onboard and nothing. I took it to passenger services and got a helpful person who worked on it throughout the 10 days and finally got me my OBC on the second to the last day of the cruise. It shouldn't take that much work.

AGGGGHHHHH!!!:eek::eek::eek: That is ridicules! It sure doesn't take them that long to take your money when you buy their (CCL) shares!

well after almost a month from my second request it finally appeared on my account. Never did get the nice e-mail telling me it was approved or anything...maybe that will take another month :) Thanks for all the replies. I love Princess!

Archived