RC Question about Soda Package

MLA21

Hello! I just purchased the soda package online for our cruise on Sept. 1. I printed out the SailPass and noticed that it didn't say anything about the soda package on there. When we go to check in, will they know to give us a card with a pre-printed soda logo? I just want to make sure we don't end up having to buy the soda package again, or go through a hoopla.

That .50 per day adds up to a whopping $3.50 savings on a 7 night cruise. WOW

When your family pays in the $4000-$10,000 range for the cruise that $3.50 is more of an insult and embarrassment than savings.

If they wanted to something worthwhile, why not a buy 1 get one 1/2 price or something like that?

If they did that, my kids wouldn't have to split a soda card..

Right now, for the next few days, the soda package is $6.00 a day, 50 cents a day savings. Not much of a savings but every cent helps, I guess:confused:

Actually, that price isn't what people are being charged now. The text is out of date. When you purchase the package, you're charged the full $4.50/$6.50 prices, despite what it says.

The reason I paid for the soda package now is so that I don't get charged the extra Spain (I think it's a VAT) tax. (Our cruise is a Western Med. one out of Barcelona). I believe, from what I've read, that anything you pre-pay while in the US you don't have to pay tax, but that when you are actually on the ship you pay the tax of whatever your embarkation port is. I was not charged tax or gratuity on the soda package, but I was charged gratuity on a facial that I prepaid.

I also was not charged tax or gratuity for the specialty dining I pre-paid.

I always pre-purchase moreso for the convenience. It's paid upfront and not added to our Onboard account. I like that the card is pre-printed with the coke label so we don't have a "sticker" that gets worn (I know, a little petty). And most importantly, I don't have to stand in line or feel pressured when boarding to stop at that table!

You'll know when you check in if they received it because of our sea pass card. If you don't see the logo on it, then you'll want to head to the guest services desk. That being said, I've never had a problem with it being correct when we boarded. Your travel coke cup will be in your stateroom. If you board prior to being allowed in the rooms, then you can still get a coke in a regular glass (and you can do that anytime).

That .50 per day adds up to a whopping $3.50 savings on a 7 night cruise. WOW

When your family pays in the $4000-$10,000 range for the cruise that $3.50 is more of an insult and embarrassment than savings.

If they wanted to something worthwhile, why not a buy 1 get one 1/2 price or something like that?

If they did that, my kids wouldn't have to split a soda card..

So you're paying that much for a cruise and yet make your kids cheat to save a few $$$ on soda? Unreal.

• 3 weeks later...

I have cruised with my mom and two teen girls and I hardly ever reached close to $4000 for a cruise... and we have balcony cabins. the range at the most was about$3500. we are three adults now cruising on the oasis 12-1-12 and the rate was $3100 balcony.... I got the soda card once, but didn't see the value of it. the free iced tea is ok with me

I have cruised with my mom and two teen girls and I hardly ever reached close to $4000 for a cruise... and we have balcony cabins. the range at the most was about$3500. we are three adults now cruising on the oasis 12-1-12 and the rate was $3100 balcony.... I got the soda card once, but didn't see the value of it. the free iced tea is ok with me

Maybe that poster meant the total vacation in all. Our cruise is usually in the 3000 range for the 3 of us too, but by the time you add in airfare, a couple nights at a hotel, tours, extra meals in ports, transfers, and on and on, it adds up to 8,000 or 10,000.

Maybe that poster meant the total vacation in all. Our cruise is usually in the 3000 range for the 3 of us too, but by the time you add in airfare, a couple nights at a hotel, tours, extra meals in ports, transfers, and on and on, it adds up to 8,000 or 10,000.

I hadn't thought that..... ok cool! I just looked up the cost of the drink packages and all I can say is "are they serious"?!!! $71. for a case of water? $20 for 6 juices and $35 for a 12 pack? really? wow!!! I'm not going to suggest smuggling them onboard in the suitcase or carry-on wrapped up in bubble wrap surrounded by clothes for added protection, but don't those prices seem a bit much? I can justify the soda package, I can drink 2-3 diet sodas a day to justify the $6 cost to break even, but geeez almighty!! $71 for a case of water?! holy moly!!

I hadn't thought that..... ok cool! I just looked up the cost of the drink packages and all I can say is "are they serious"?!!! $71. for a case of water? $20 for 6 juices and $35 for a 12 pack? really? wow!!! I'm not going to suggest smuggling them onboard in the suitcase or carry-on wrapped up in bubble wrap surrounded by clothes for added protection, but don't those prices seem a bit much? I can justify the soda package, I can drink 2-3 diet sodas a day to justify the $6 cost to break even, but geeez almighty!! $71 for a case of water?! holy moly!!

Last time I sailed with Carnival you were allowed to bring a 12pk of soda (I brought a 20pk, didn't know) I'm not sure of RCI policies on the matter.

Archived