The nightmare continues

Alg63

Since my party of 12 is all on Select Dining, I called in today to reserve a table for the first night in the Main Dining Room. I am told by the agent that one of my party IS NOT on Select Dining. Not only had they not changed it when I had called originally to add the prepaid gratuities and change everyone to Select, but I have had various conversations since then confirming that EVERYONE was on Select since I had prepaid gratuities before.

I am told by the agent that "originally" I had them waitlisted for 6.15pm dining (that is correct). The reason I had changed everyone to Select was because I was concerned that the waitlist may not clear and I may end up with some people for later dining.

But apparently because I (my fault apparently ...) had not told them to take them off the waitlist when I changed everyone to select, once the waitlist DID clear (which was AFTER I had changed everyone to select) it just decided to switch them to 6.15pm dining.

Now excuse me but IF there is a waitlist for dining and IF the customer calls in to change to select dining, surely the agent should ASK if the reservation for waitlisted dining at 6.15pm should remain in place? HOW is the guest supposed to know that once the waitlist clears (which apparently happened on 8/2 ... and of course no notiification was sent out and was several days after I had changed to select) to say "oh by the way can you REMOVE the waitlist request?"

So had I not called to make a specific dining reservation I never would have known that one of my party had been taken off select and switched to 6.15pm.

And another thing, I just called in to make final payment on ONE booking/cabin ... split between 2 cards. I have just received no less than 6 emails showing various payments made (some of them showing "a payment of 0.00 has been made ..) on reservations that had nothing to do with this payment. I should mention (1) that I am not set up as a group because we are only 6 cabins although we are "tagged" together but (2) and more importantly not one of these 6 emails reflects the 2 payments I just made.

I have to wonder if there is ANYONE doing QA on these things.???

Archived