Upgrade to superior oceanview?

rok233

I'm going on the Monarch and was wondering what you get extra with the superior oceanview over the regular oceanview and do you think it's worth an extra $140 per cabin ($70 each)?

You get a cabin that is just slightly smaller than the JS on Monarch. Of course there is no balcony. SOV's are our cabin of choice on Monarch.:D

I would do it. The regular oceanview rooms on Majesty and Monarch are tiny. The SOV rooms give you more space. However, a lot of the views are somewhat blocked by the lifeboats outside the windows on deck 9. But for me, it's worth it. With some careful planning, you can get a room between the lifeboats, so your view isn't blocked!

I'm going on the Monarch and was wondering what you get extra with the superior oceanview over the regular oceanview and do you think it's worth an extra $140 per cabin ($70 each)?

Yes - if there are cabins available and it fits in your budget. The standard cabins are VERY TINY and that slight difference in Sq Ft. seems to make a big difference for this ship. Our price point to upgrade from any standard OV cabin on the Monarch (we usually get deck 8 if we can’t get deck 9) is about $75 pp.

If you can’t upgrade, it is TIGHT but doable. The cruise is so fast paced, you are likely not in the cabin much.

God luck in your decision.

M

Archived