Budweiser not part of the Premium Beverage Package?

Kim

It seems strange Celebrity doesn't list Budweiser as part of the beverage package. Anyone know differently? It does state......."Includes, but not limited to......." where it lists the beer/liquor available.

How much is a Bud these days on Celebrity? Is it the tall metal bottles? Curious how it compares to Princess prices.

Thanks!

Thanks, but do you happen to recall the price of a Bud? Are they referring to "up to $5" including not including gratuity?

Is there a limit per day? It seems at $44 per night that would have to be quite a few beers!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1571274&page=2

First post has beer prices list, among other things, just look thru it'

And the 5 is calculated with out the gratuity.

And no limits, although if ya don't limit yourself and get outta hand they will throw ya in the brig. Or maybe keelhaul ya.

Avast ye maty

; -)

Holy Smokes!!! That's an incredibly detailed list! I saw Bud Light listed, but no Bud. I'm going to assume regular Bud is the same price ($4.50 before grat). Would you say so? This makes the difference between the Classic package and the Premium package. My husband only drinks Bud and loves his beer.....especially on vacation!

I've seen posts where people have gotten the packages at a discount. Where can I find that? So, it would be best to book the package long before the cruise in case it goes up in price?

Thanks so much!

It is a good idea to book the beverage package as soon as you can (this is also a financial issue since they charge you when you book it) and then you can always cancel and rebook if there is a sale. Watch Cruise Critic and check the Celebrity website - though I recommend having a drink before checking the website :D It also depends where you are from - if not from the US, playing with the exchange rate can make a difference too. It is only a few days before that you can't make changes.

I've said before, it isn't the alcoholic beverages that make the difference, so much as ease of use and the other beverages that you can enjoy and might not buy without the package. We get the premium package and thoroughly enjoy coffee drinks, fresh OJ, and all the water & Pellegrino we want to drink.

For our next trip, I'm booking the nonalcoholic and my husband is getting the alcoholic. I've cut to about a glass of wine a day, so the alcoholic one isn't worth it. I will miss the wine pairing with each course though.

Beth

It is a good idea to book the beverage package as soon as you can (this is also a financial issue since they charge you when you book it) and then you can always cancel and rebook if there is a sale. Watch Cruise Critic and check the Celebrity website - though I recommend having a drink before checking the website :D It also depends where you are from - if not from the US, playing with the exchange rate can make a difference too. It is only a few days before that you can't make changes.

I've said before, it isn't the alcoholic beverages that make the difference, so much as ease of use and the other beverages that you can enjoy and might not buy without the package. We get the premium package and thoroughly enjoy coffee drinks, fresh OJ, and all the water & Pellegrino we want to drink.

For our next trip, I'm booking the nonalcoholic and my husband is getting the alcoholic. I've cut to about a glass of wine a day, so the alcoholic one isn't worth it. I will miss the wine pairing with each course though.

Beth

With the packages, I find the more I drink, the less worry about how much they were to start with.:D

Just curious, most cruises I took had a beer special, buy a ice bucket of 5 beers and you get one free. Does Celebrity have this special?

Yes, they still have buckets. I drink Becks. It cost 6 for the price of 5.

$28.75 including tip as of last June.

Holy Smokes!!! That's an incredibly detailed list! I saw Bud Light listed, but no Bud. I'm going to assume regular Bud is the same price ($4.50 before grat). Would you say so? This makes the difference between the Classic package and the Premium package. My husband only drinks Bud and loves his beer.....especially on vacation!

I've seen posts where people have gotten the packages at a discount. Where can I find that? So, it would be best to book the package long before the cruise in case it goes up in price?

Thanks so much!

I suspect you are correct about Bud, if they have it, being the same as Bud Lite. The Spouse will only drink beer he can't see through, so I can't say from personal experience ; -)

So far they have offered the bev packages on sale only twice. It's a new thing, The first was in January, and the second was in June. I would watch for one around those times, they might be indicating a pattern.

Personally I see no advantahge to booking the package early and letting them have your money all that time. You could wait to see if there was a sale offered. If there isn't, you could buy it a week before or the first time onboard that you buy a drink you can buy the package you want at any bar on the ship. They are HAPPY to sell it to you!!

Thanks so much!

It's right there before Bud Lite.

Maybe your screen needs adjusting (and a beer :p )

Stella Artois 6.0

Peroni 6.5

Miller Lite 4.5

Budweiser 4.5

Bud Light 4.5

Michelob Light 4.5

Amstel Light 5.0

Corona 5.0

Corona Light 5.0

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25359046&postcount=1

The packages were discounted for a short time by Celebrity if you bought if online before your cruise... it was 10% off.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1577942

Thanks, but do you happen to recall the price of a Bud? Are they referring to "up to $5" including not including gratuity?

Is there a limit per day? It seems at $44 per night that would have to be quite a few beers!

the "up to $5" is before gratuity.

The beverage packages that you are referring to, which are priced per day and per person, are unlimited. Same price if you have 1 drink or constantly down one after the other 24 hours a day - but no sharing is allowed since they are priced per person.

Yes the price is very high and for that reason the packages are not a good deal unless you either drink above average quantities of the included beverages or are willing to pay extra for an all inclusive experience.

My advice for those who are uncertain if the packages are best for them is to hold off until you are on board and can check out both the prices and your own consumption patterns. Pay as you go, buying drinks ala carte, for a day or two and then if you feel the packages would be best for you you can buy one on board at a pro-rated price.

Just curious, most cruises I took had a beer special, buy a ice bucket of 5 beers and you get one free. Does Celebrity have this special?

Celebrity has bucket of beer specials at all outdoor bars, and possibly at indoor bars as well (never looked into them nor seen them advertised indoors). I think they are either 5 for the price of 4 or 6 for the price of 5. They sometimes have 2 for 1 happy hour specials at some, or all, bars but this varies considerably by sailing with some sailings having these every day and some not at all. Ask a bartender or bar manager on board for details.

the "up to $5" is before gratuity.

The beverage packages that you are referring to, which are priced per day and per person, are unlimited. Same price if you have 1 drink or constantly down one after the other 24 hours a day - but no sharing is allowed since they are priced per person.

Yes the price is very high and for that reason the packages are not a good deal unless you either drink above average quantities of the included beverages or are willing to pay extra for an all inclusive experience.

My advice for those who are uncertain if the packages are best for them is to hold off until you are on board and can check out both the prices and your own consumption patterns. Pay as you go, buying drinks ala carte, for a day or two and then if you feel the packages would be best for you you can buy one on board at a pro-rated price.

Great advice for a new cruiser, we did this and soon realised the Premium package was for us. This was with more than 1/2 of the days drinks being non-alcoholic (sparkling water, specialty coffee, juices). On subsequent cruises, my wife went down to the Classic package as she felt it was just too tempting to drink too many cocktails. I have now done the same thing, as on the longer cruises your liver does need some days off. :D

My kids' grandfather had the Classic package and drank regular Budweiser and would have a Black/White Russian with dinner. It was all covered.

Do you happen to remember if the Budweisers were in the tall metal bottle or the short "regular" cans?

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to answer and be so helpful! :-)

Archived